The American Ultra series encompasses Fender's most advanced instruments to date. Designed for modern guitarists that seek ultimate performance, precision and tone, these contemporary models go above and beyond previous top-of-the-range Fender series' without straying too far from their iconic formulas.
Equipped with the typical features you'd expect on a Stratocaster, the Fender American Ultra Strat does however boast a bunch of 21 Century refinements to meet the demands of today's players. Fitted with new Ultra Noiseless pickups, a 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized tremolo and Deluxe Locking tuners, the Fender American Ultra Strat also sports a comfortable Modern "D" neck profile with a slippery Satin finish and rolled fingerboard edges - guaranteeing superb playability.
Fender's classic tonewood combinations have been used to construct the American Ultra Strat. Featuring an Ash body, this timeless light-weight material ensures an incredibly balanced and resonant sound, serving as a great tonal foundation for the single-coil pickups.
The Ash body is paired with a bolt-on Maple neck that further accentuates the top-end, achieving that distinctive Strat "snap". This particular American Ultra model, however, features a silky smooth Rosewood fingerboard that adds some crucial mid-range warmth - akin to a '60s Strat. A noteworthy update is the tapered neck heel, which allows easy access to the higher register.
Fitted with 22 Medium Jumbo frets that offer a super-modern and controllable feel, the fingerboard also follows an ergonomic 10" to 14" compound radius. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, this radius flattens out the higher you go; making fast passages much easier to play. This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, which is an issue that older Strats are more prone to.
Electronics & Hardware
The most noteworthy aspect of the Fender American Ultra Strat is its pickups. Installed with a trio of Fender's new Ultra Noiseless Vintage single-coils, these pickups are designed to deliver that distinctive Strat sound without producing any of the annoying hum that afflicts older Fender single-coils. Making this guitar usable with overdrive and distortion, the American Ultra Strat is a highly-versatile instrument that can offer a diverse range of tones, especially with the S-1 switch that unlocks even more pickup combinations.
While the flexible electronics will appeal strongly to modern players, the hardware also isn't far behind when it comes to innovation and functionality. Fitted with a 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized tremolo, this particular bridge offers a smooth action for expressive vibrato, while ensuring superior tuning stability with its low-friction design. Combined with the set of Deluxe Locking tuners at the headstock, the Fender American Ultra Stratocaster is an incredibly reliable and road-ready guitar. A Premium Molded Hardshell case comes included.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern “D”
- Neck Heel: Tapered
- Fingerboard: Rosewood (with Rolled Edges)
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Pickups: Ultra Noiseless Vintage Strat
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1 Switch), Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case: Premium Molded Hardshell