As its name suggests, the Epiphone Les Paul Traditional PRO-III is a guitar that stays true to the look and sound of the iconic Les Paul. However, this particular guitar boasts some modern upgrades that make it a far more versatile instrument, including coil-split pickup functions and a built-in active boost circuit!
The Traditional PRO-III doesn't mess with the legendary Les Paul formula when it comes to its construction. The Mahogany body and set neck are essential aspects of the Les Paul design, providing the guitar with its signature warmth and sustain - while the Flamed Maple veneer top completes the iconic look.
Due to CITES restrictions on Rosewood, Epiphone has opted for Pau Ferro as an alternative material for the PRO-III's fingerboard. Pau Ferro is visually similar to rosewood, albeit a little bit lighter, and also shares that natural playing feel that many guitarists adore. The 12" fingerboard radius is tried and true, offering a relatively flat surface that makes string bends and solos a total breeze!
While this may be an affordable Epiphone guitar, at its heart there are two genuine US-made Gibson pickups. With a '57 humbucker in the neck position and a Super '57 in the bridge, you get a wide array of usable tones, from warm and smooth blues-style sounds to aggressive, biting rock timbres. You're essentially getting the sound of a full-fat Gibson Les Paul at a fraction of the price!
To further expand the versatility of this guitar, Epiphone has added push/pull functionality on the control knobs. You can coil-split the humbuckers for a thinner and more single-coil-like sound, engage the phase switch for chimey out-of-phase tones, or activate the onboard 15dB boost to cut through when you break into a solo.
- AAA Flamed Maple Veneer Top
- Genuine Gibson USA ’57 and Super ’57 humbuckers with coil-splitting functionality
- "RidgeTop" controls including phase and 15db boost switch (via tone knobs)
- Grover 18:1 machine heads
- Material: Mahogany
- Top: AAA Flamed Maple Veneer
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: '60s "SlimTaper", D-Profile
- Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 12"
- Inlays: Pearloid "Trapezoid"
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Colour: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuners: Grover, 18:1 Ratio
- Knobs: Amber "Top Hats" with RidgeTop for EZ Pull-Up
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA '57 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA Super '57 Humbucker
- Output Jack: Epiphone Exclusive Non-Rotating, Heavy Duty
- Battery: 9V
- Neck Pickup Volume: Push/Pull Coil-Split
- Bridge Pickup Volume: Push/Pull Coil-Split
- Neck Pickup Tone: Push/Pull "Phase" Function
- Bridge Pickup Tone: 15dB "Boost" (Active)
- Strings: D'Addario 10-46