The Ball Family Reserve represents the finest distillation of luxurious craftsmanship that the Music Man brand has on offer. Pristine and exotic tonewoods, powerful and precise electronics, truly exquisite playability.
The BFR Bongo in Wild Cherry Burst is no exception, with a seismic HH pickup configuration, fully-bound Roasted Maple neck and an alluring finish that'll leave you spellbound. Only 57 of these were made worldwide - a truly exclusive instrument.
Here's what Music Man says about the Bongo 5 HH Bass:
The Bongo 5 represents everything a modern five-string bass should be: well balanced, comfortable, resonant and expressive with effortless playability. The double cutaway basswood body design is of superior construction and along with a 24 fret finished neck offers unimpeded access to high register two-octave fretwork.
- Powerful Preamp and Neodymium Pickups
- 24 Frets and Custom Half Moon Inlays
- Ergonomic Light Weight Tuners
- Body Shape: Bongo
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Colour: Wild Cherry Burst
- Neck Material: Roasted Figured Maple
- Neck Shape: Bongo
- Radius: 11"
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Figured Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 24, High profile Wide
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.75"
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Standard Music Man Chrome-plated
- Tuners: Custom Music Man
- Neck Pickup: Neodymium Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Neodymium Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x pickup balance (bridge/neck), 1 x stacked bass/treble, 1 x stacked low-mid/high-mid, 4-band active EQ
- Strings: Super Slinky Bass, .045, .065, .080, .100, .130