Ibanez have combined a striking headless design with their signature advanced playability and versatile electronics – introducing the EHB bass series. Featuring a carefully-calculated headless design, versatile pickups and a number of configurations to choose from, these radical instruments are built with precision performance in mind.
Body & Neck
The body of the EHB series basses has been carefully designed for optimal ergonomics. The bass will sit in a comfortable position whether you’re stood up or sat down, with a set of simple curves and contours that offer excellent mobility and flexibility. The body wood of choice is American Basswood, known for its well-rounded tone and lightweight feel.
The multi-scale neck employs a 5-piece design comprised of Roasted Maple and Walnut. With the heat treatment of the Maple and a set of Graphite reinforcement rods, expect supreme stability, durability and resistance against the elements. Stainless Steel frets and luminous side dots further emphasise the expertise that has gone into the EHB’s design process. The multi-scale concept mirrors the movement of your hand, making for a comfortable, adaptive playing experience.
Electronics & Hardware
On the electronics front, you get a set of Bartolini BH2 pickups with a dual-coil style configuration. These pickups are known for their lower resonant frequency, resulting in a tighter bottom-end and more pronounced midrange. A vari-mid 3-band EQ (complete with bypass switch) offers a wide tonal palette.
Finally, a specially-designed bridge – the MR5HS – is unique in that each bridge piece is independently attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer. Adjustable saddles, Schaller S-lock strap pins and a Neutrik locking jack are the final pro-grade appointments – this bass means business.
- EHB5 5pc Roasted Maple/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods
- 889mm/35" scale at 5th string, 838mm/33" scale at 1st string
- American Basswood body, chambered
- Roasted Birdseye Maple fretboard w/Abalone off-set dot
- Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Bartolini BH2 neck pickup
- Bartolini BH2 bridge pickup
- Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- MR5HS bridge (18mm string spacing)
- Black hardware
- Ibanez custom headpieces
- Factory Tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- String Gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Finger Ramp included
- Gig bag included