The Fender Professional P Bass is one of those basses that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the '50s! With V-Mod pickups and a comfortable '63 C-shaped neck, it's built for even better playability. Oh, did we mention it's got a Rosewood neck?
Professional Instrument, Professional Sound
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an Elite hardshell case. The V-Mod Precision pickups are classic-sounding Fender split-coil pickups that have high output with the vintage warmth and clarity that you want from a legendary bass!
The Rosewood neck uses the '63 C shape with a Satin back giving you a smooth fretting hand feel. '63 was considered the golden era for P Bass neck shapes and so this modern instrument gives you the feel of an old guitar, but with modern functionality and reliability. The Rosewood provides plenty of additional warmth, perfectly complementing the V-Mod Precision pickups.
The Narrow-Tall frets create more accurate intonation. They're taller than vintage frets but of similar width (rather than medium jumbo etc.) And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Rosewood, 1963 C
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.625” (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups: V-Mod Split Single-Coil
- Pickup Switching: NA
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case