Left Handed Versions Available
All Gibson USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw that has always dreamt of owning a US-made Gibson, now there are no limitations whatsoever! Please contact us for any enquiries.
Here’s What Gibson Say About the 1952 J-185:
One of the most fabled Gibson’s of all time, the J-185 was originally released in 1951. Designed to be just slightly smaller in proportion to the larger SJ-200, the J-185 used similar appointments, Sitka spruce and maple back and sides for its construction. This Custom Historic 1952 J-185 is enhanced with a Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top and gorgeous flame maple back and sides. Sporting classic J-185 appointments including iconic Maltese crosses inlaid in mother-of-pearl on the open slot bridge, this is a rare model, but highly desired by artists and performers worldwide.
- Shape: J-185
- Top: Thermally Aged Sitka Spruce
- Back: Flame Maple
- Side: Flame Maple
- Bracing: Traditional Hand Scalloped X-Bracing, with Hide Glue
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, Multi-Ply Back
- Finish: Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: V
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Parallelograms
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-Body Joint
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: Belly up, Holes at Rear, Open Slot
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Keystones
- Pickguard: J-185
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Under Saddle Pickup: None
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit