Left Handed Versions Available
All Gibson USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw that has always dreamt of owning a US-made Gibson, now there are no limitations whatsoever! Please contact us for any enquiries.
Here’s what Gibson say:
The Custom Shop Historic Reissue 1942 Banner Southern Jumbo features the vibe of a vintage Gibson Acoustic. The Thermally Aged Adirondack red Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides have outstanding tonal response and superior playability. At home playing first position chords or picking lead blues licks, the Southern Jumbo is a versatile instrument. Proudly displaying the "Only a Gibson is Good Enough" banner on the headstock, this custom instrument also includes an open slot bridge, a bone saddle and nut, and the classic 1.77" nut width.
- Body Shape: J-45
- Top: Thermally Aged Red Spruce
- Back: Rosewood
- Side: Rosewood
- Bracing: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing, red Spruce braces with hide glue
- Binding: Multi-ply top, multi-ply back
- Finish: Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: C
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 19
- Frets: Legend Wire
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.77"
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Belly Down, open slot
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Open back cream button
- Pickguard: Tear Drop
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Bridge Pins: Bone