Native Instruments stepped up their game with the Komplete Kontrol keyboards a few years back. Offering unprecedented integration with Komplete software, an intuitive backlit interface and endless performance and production tools, they were an instant hit.
Now for 2018, they've unveiled a new range of affordable keyboards that promise in-depth integration and ease-of-use for a fraction of the cost. The Komplete Kontrol A-Series keyboards come in three sizes, with slick black exteriors and a typically minimalist interface that conceals a wealth of controls - all for less than £200!
As with their flagship Kontrol S-Series keyboards released a few years back, the A-series promises in-depth integration with Komplete software. Not only does it come with selected Komplete products (Maschine Essentials, The Gentleman piano, Reaktor Prism and Monark to name a few), but it works with Komplete on every level, whatever version you have.
This means pre-mapped, dynamic controls and parameters, an OLED display with info on your presets and project, smart play for easy scales, chords and arpeggios and much, much more!
The interface has been kept deliberately simple; Native Instruments have a knack for combining simplicity with versatility. A straightforward selection of controls allows full and uninterrupted interaction with your music, whether you're performing, producing or practicing.
Tag-based browsing allows easy switching from patch to patch, and the smart-play function (as seen in the S-series Kontrol keyboards) offers a responsive and intuitive playing experience. Choose key, pattern, chord tonality and let the creativity flow!
Here's What Native Instruments Say About the Komplete Kontrol A-Series Keyboards:
Get hands-on with all of your instruments and effects from a smart, streamlined keyboard at an affordable price. Find, tweak, and capture your sounds, perform on a best-in-class keybed, and express yourself with the included collection of pro-grade instruments.
- Smart, streamlined keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments and
- Affordable entry point into the NI world
- Best-in-class, semi-weighted custom NI keybed
- Informative OLED display for at-a-glance navigation
- 8 touch-sensitive control knobs
- Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
- Tag-based preset browsing via the KOMPLETE KONTROL Software: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
- Smart Play: Stay in key with over 100 scales and modes, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
- Pre-mapped control of KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects plus hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) plug-ins from leading manufacturers via the KOMPLETE KONTROL Software
- Full VSTi and VST FX support
- Deep integration with MASCHINE software
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and GarageBand at launch. Cubase and Nuendo integration coming soon after initial release
- TRS pedal input, assignable to sustain or expression
- USB 2.0 bus powered
- Can be used / assigned as a MIDI controller
- Includes a comprehensive collection of KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects, KOMPLETE KONTROL Software, and MASCHINE ESSENTIALS (full MASCHINE software plus 1.6 GB MASCHINE Factory Selection)
Register your hardware to download the KOMPLETE KONTROL software, plus a collection of KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects and MASCHINE Essentials for free. Includes:
- THE GENTLEMAN – classic upright piano
- MONARK – iconic mono synth
- SCARBEE MARK 1 – electric piano
- REAKTOR PRISM – polyphonic synthesizer
- REAKTOR BLOCKS WIRED – modular synths
- REAKTOR 6 PLAYER – powerful player for REAKTOR instruments
- KONTAKT 6 PLAYER – including 50 instruments
- GUITAR RIG 5 PLAYER – custom amp, 17 cabinets, and 13 effects
- KOMPLETE KONTROL Software
- MASCHINE ESSENTIALS
- Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2GB RAM
- macOS 10.12, 10.13 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM
- USB 2.0 or higher (cable included)
- Graphics card which supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher
- Internet connection (for software download and activation only)