The return of the RK-100S Keytar revives the classic look and sound engine that made the original one of the most unique instruments around! Owning a Keytar is a real musical statement – if you’re looking to stand out on stage, then you’re in the right place.
Expanded onboard programs means more creative options. A wider variety of solo tones and lead synth’s offer a far deeper sonic arsenal than ever before. The 200 presets sound great and powerful right out of the box too, stretching across just about every kind of genre you can think of. Each can be quickly accessed through the favourite buttons located on the top panel – something that is especially useful during a live show.
Pick up & Play
Fitted with a 37-note, slim keyboard, the keytar is comfortable and highly-playable. Even though it is seriously compact, this is of no detriment to the experience. Further depth comes in the form of an arpeggiator (encouraging a wider variety of sonic patterns) and two ribbon controllers. These allow for accurate control over the modulation and pitch bend (short ribbon), as well as the overall filter and pitch (long ribbon). Both of these benefit sweeps and sustained sounds especially. Scale performance is supported as well; you simply have to touch the ribbon, granting you another unconventional playing option which isn’t possible during traditional keyboard playing.
A monaural mini-input jack features a mic input, letting you plug in a headset microphone for well-rounded vocoder usage. The options available to you really belies the size of the instrument, that’s for sure!
Improved Battery Life
Around eight hours of battery life means there’s no need for bothersome power cables. This is particularly useful when you’re on stage; you can focus on what really matters – the performance. Its also possible to connect to an amp, or plug in your headphones, promoting extra practice and live options.
A built-in USB port and MIDI output connector lets you play either external hardware sound modules, or a soft synth. There’s also a PC editor where you can download more detailed MIDI settings and other features from the KORG website.
- A clear finish highlights the stunning woodgrain.
- New programs emanate power and presence when soloing.
- 37-note slim keyboard guarantees easy playability.
- Two ribbon controllers help broaden your performance.
- Battery life of up to 8 hours.
- Vocoder function.
- Also works as a more traditional master keyboard.
- Includes a soft case, strap and logo sticker.
- Colour Variation: Translucent Black, Translucent Red
- Keyboard: 37-keys (Slimkey, velocity sensitive, no after touch)
- Sound Generation System: MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology)
- Display: 7-segment LEDs, 3 digits
- Power Supply: Six AA battery (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride), or Optional AC adapter (DC 9 V)
- Battery Life: Approx. 8 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 838 x 263 x 72 mm/ 32.99" x 10.35" x 2.87"
- Weight: 3.15 kg/ 6.94 lbs. (included batteries)
- Included Items: Manual, Sticker, Strap, Soft Case, AA alkaline Battery x6 (for verifying operation
- Number of timbres: Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
- Polyphony: Maximum 8 voices (Maximum 4 voices when the vocoder is selected)
- Synth: 2 oscillator + noise generator
- Waveform: SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE, FORMANT, NOISE, PCM/DWGS, AUDIO IN
- Modulation: WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPMModulation: WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPM
- Waveform: SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE
- Modulation: RING, SYNC, RING+SYNC
- WS type: DRIVE, DECIMATOR, HARDCLIP, OCT SAW, MULTI TRI, MULTI SIN, SUB OSC SAW, SUB OSC SQU, SUB OSC TRI, SUB OSC SIN, LEVEL BOOST
- Filter 1: -24 dB/oct LPF–-12 dB/oct LPF–HPF–BPF–Thru
- Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF F
- Vocoder: 16-band vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each band, Formant Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Timbre: 2-band EQ
- Master effects 17 effect algorithm Master effects
- Arpeggiator: UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger (6 types), Step Arpeggiator function
- Programs: 200 programs
- Input: Input jack (Mono dynamic mic, Line input)
- *Intended for a mono dynamic microphone which doesn’t require power, this jack can also be used as a line input
- Input select switch
- MIC1: Mic (Non Powered) [Gain Low]
- MIC2: Mic (Non Powered) [Gain High]
- LINE: Line Input (mono L-ch input)
- Connector type: mono mini jack
- Output: Output jack (Headphone, Stereo, Line out)
- Maximum output: 25mW + 25mW @ 33 ohms load
- Connector type: φ6.3 mm, stereo phone jack
- MIDI: OUT
- USB:Type B