Behringer is back with a true gem for all modular and synth lovers: the System 35 revives some ‘70s modular magic in a modern, affordable outfit.
Forget the hassle and the cost of building a modular synth: Behringer has assembled for you a selection of 25 analogue vintage modules, including 2 oscillators, 2 different filter banks and 3 envelope generators. All modules are enclosed in the sleek Eurorack GO case, inclusive of PSU and Midi-to-CV converter, allowing you to immediately control your modular gear via a MIDI keyboard or your DAW.
Designed for those wishing to approach modular synthesis for the first time - with the ease of high-quality modules all in one place - as well as seasoned synth lovers who want to dive into the true sound of the ‘70s, the System 35 is sure to draw you into its sonic world.
- Pre-assembled Eurorack modular synth featuring 25 analogue vintage modules for a true-to-life ‘80s sound
- 2 x 921A oscillator drivers featuring 4x921b VCOs and 1x921 VCO for a total of 5 voices
- Selection of filters including 1x914 fixed filter bank with 12 bandpass filters, 1x 923 filter modules with highpass and lowpass filters and white/pink noise sources
- 3 envelope generators with S-trig input and CV outputs
- The 992 control voltage module allows CV mixing and switching with 1 inverting attenuator
- 2x CP3A-M 4 input mixer with master level, 4 outputs and 2 sets of 4 multiples
- Midi-to-CV converter is included to instantly control your modular synth via a MIDI keyboard or your DAW
- Fully compatible with other Eurorack systems
- Modules come enclosed in the sleek Eurorack GO case, inclusive of PSU
Here's What Behringer say:
The first SYSTEM 55, 35 and 15 synth modules came out in the early 70s and tended to be extremely expensive. They were mainly all discrete transistor designs as op-amps at the time were very high cost. The discrete circuitry gave the modules a very distinctive sound and were used by artists like Keith Emerson, Stevie Wonder, Tangerine Dream and so many more, giving us some of the greatest records we’ve ever heard. Modular synths were a landmark development in electronic music and today, it’s about to get better.
We’re bringing back all those amazing modular synths that you’ve all come to know and love and we’re putting them in one neat package that’ll surely blow you away. Enter the Behringer SYSTEM 35. This is a pre-assembled “System 35” modular synthesizer that comes packed with 25 of our vintage sounding synth modules, mounted and fully powered in the super-sturdy EURORACK GO case. It even comes with some extra space for another one of our favorite things… more modules!
A Great Way to Start
The SYSTEM 35 is an amazing tool for those who are just starting down the psychedelic, neon-bathed road of modular synthesis. This whole setup comes equipped with two 921A OSCILLATOR DRIVERS, four 921B VCOs and a 921 VCO all of which provide five fully featured voices that you can adjust and tweak any way you want! The two CP3A-M MIXER modules allow you to mix up to four inputs each which you can then patch out to other modules. Want a nice pad to your song? Have one signal go to a delay module and have another go into a step sequencer or other modules in the SYSTEM 35 for more intricate patches and hours and hours of fun! The SYSTEM 35 also includes the CP35 ATTENUATOR module with 4 linked attenuators and two sets of 4 multiples and reference voltages. Connecting a single signal to the CP35’s first input will allow it to pass to all 4 outputs. This allows you to have up to 4 variable outputs of a single signal source. Also included are two banks of 4-point multiple circuits for you to be able to route multiple copies of input signals to other modules.