Meet the Behringer RD-8 MKII Rhythm Designer Drum Machine - a refined, upgraded version of the original (and extremely popular) RD-8. Once again, the brand have successfully captured the sound, spirit and tactile design of the legendary 808 in an affordable, accessible format.
With a new colourway - in the guise of 4 sleek black pattern buttons - combined with some exciting tweaks under the hood, the MKII is the ideal updated edition for your home studio space. Craft retro beats through the inspiring, hands-on workflow and immerse yourself in '80s sonic nostalgia!
- Authentic analog sound engine delivering classic tones
- Harness 16 original drum sounds (boasting global accent capacity and other parameters)
- 64-step drum sequencer with step-repeat, note repeat, real-time triggering, track-mute, track solo and poly-meter support
- 11 separate analog outputs used to record patterns as multi-track audio or external processing
- Built-in FX bus with dual-mode analog filter (with per-voice assignment) and Wave Designer
- Record, edit and playback live any analog filter cutoff made through automation
- Store up to 256 unique patterns and 16 songs
- Easily arrange patterns into complete songs using Pattern Mode
- Link songs back-to-back in Song Mode for seamless live performance and more dynamic, layered beats
- MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB connectivity for connection and sync with your other gear
- Headphone and main outputs
- Crisp, clear LED display for quick parameter edits
New & Improved
Behringer listened closely to the community after the release of the first RD-8 and gave themselves this aim: to craft the most authentic homage to the 808 ever. They've achieved just that.
Their engineers managed to successfully revive the now 40 year old 662 OTA component that was present on the instrumental icon, and have now incorporated a faithful reproduction of it into the MKII. That's not all though. Select components have also seen an intense overhaul, while the phase accuracy of individual and main outputs has been improved. The result? A far better overall noise performance.
The Sound of the '80s
The 808 is one of the most instantly recognisable instruments ever created. You can hear the classic sounds on a multitude of hit records across a variety of genres. With the RD-8 MKII, you'll be able to explore a depth and breadth of timeless tones to take your recordings to the next level. This is thanks to an all-analog circuitry which delivers responsive, period-correct audio that never gets old.