Here's what Jackson says about the X Series Soloist SL4X DX:
The Jackson name has always been synonymous with state-of-the-art guitar technology and playing, leading the way in crafting instruments that exceed the demands of modern players. Boasting Jackson’s trademark high-speed playability and performance with a mid-range price tag, the X Series Soloist SL4X DX guitar offers a triple threat with its SSS pickup configuration route.
A trio of Duncan-Designed HR-101 Hot Rails pickups unlocks an even wider and more versatile range of tones. These single-coil sized humbuckers power this musical beast with great midrange harmonics and the aggressive crunch and sustain hard rock and metal styles demand. With single volume and tone control knobs and a five-way blade switch, players can explore a variety of pickup combinations, while a Floyd Rose Special double-locking tremolo (recessed for picking hand comfort) bridge system provides superior string stability and dynamic tremolo action.
Featuring a 25.5” scale length, the SL4X DX is crafted out of poplar and coupled with a through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, providing the utmost stability against the ravages of the road. Hosting 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays, the 12” -16” compound radius bound laurel fingerboard is designed for easy chording and riffing near the nut and rapid, fret-out-free leads as you move up the neck.
Sporting old-school Jackson style with a pickguard and traditional pointed 6-in-line black headstock, the SL4X DX is available in several all-new eye-catching finishes including Butterscotch with gold hardware, Gloss Black with black hardware or Specific Ocean with chrome hardware.
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss Color Matched
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose Special Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Pickups: Duncan Designed HR-101 Hot Rails (Bridge, Middle & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)