Here's what Two Notes say:
Torpedo Captor X is a compact reactive load box, tube amp attenuator, miked cab simulator, IR loader and stereo expander for home, live and studio use. Playing your tube amp in a great sounding room with an exceptional choice of perfectly matched speaker cabinets and microphones is truly joyous and an unparalleled experience. The Torpedo Captor X is for tube amp lovers who crave this every time they play - no matter the environment.
Fed up with lifting heavy cabinets, inconsistent sound and stage volume issues? Torpedo Captor X allows you to go direct to the PA and audio interface with studio-grade cabinet simulations (cab sim). Two notes Audio Engineering pioneered the digital load box and over the last decade, thousands of Two notes hardware users have captured and enjoyed the harmonic complexity and responsiveness of their tube amps both in the studio and on-stage.
Torpedo Captor X is the portable solution to your amp being too loud. Play your tube amp at its sweet spot and control your volume with the attenuator, anywhere. You can even enjoy your 100 watt rig in silence with an immersive headphone experience. Designed to embrace today’s demanding on-stage and studio recording environments, Torpedo Captor X brings new features to the Torpedo Captor family including a Stereo Expander (Stereo Reverb and Twin Tracker), Enhancer, Voicing, Space, Noise Gate and XLR DI outputs with 3 routing options (Stereo, Dual Mono and Dry / Wet).
Effortlessly Control the Miking Chain
Pair Torpedo Captor X with your phone, tablet, computer or MIDI controller, and shape your tone with Torpedo Remote. It’s a lot of fun choosing your cabinet, combination of mics and mic positions; experiment by placing microphones both in front and behind your virtual cabinet. Explore 32 carefully curated virtual cabinets, 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations and save your favorite 128 presets.
Select your preset, room acoustic, output routing, EQ, reverb or edit any parameter from your device of choice using Torpedo Remote. No other compact reactive amp attenuator offers such universal control of the miking chain and with dual miking per cabinet, you may never use a real mic again.
Twin Tracker is an automatic double tracker. Your mono amp sound is routed to the left output and Twin Tracker creates another track (a virtual guitarist) on the right channel in real-time. The slight differences in timing and attack contribute to a beefed-up tone and massive sound. Two notes developed an entirely new Stereo Reverb algorithm for Torpedo Captor X. Use the Space control to adjust the width of your stereo field; create subtle studio room acoustics and immense rooms for ambient soundscapes.
Enhance your Tone
Voicing is a fast tone control enabling you to change the overall sound of all your presets at once. You may need to make a quick fix to adapt your sound to the venue you’re playing or the session you’re recording. Dial left to emphasize the mid frequencies and cut better through the mix and dial right to get a more scooped and modern tone. Sometimes you need a touch of magic to get the sound you are chasing; the Enhancer is a combination of dynamic and tone shaping tools, tailored for your guitar, and bass. Thickness and Brilliance emphasize the low end and high end of the tone, respectively. Body will render your tone fuller and more present.
Two XLR outputs, Three possibilities
Enjoy the stereo experience when playing at home but in a live or studio situation you may wish to route the outputs differently. Enable Dual Mono routing and send different signals to your FOH and monitors; apply different EQ settings and Reverb levels to each output. Want to change the tone after recording your killer riff? Enable Dry / Wet routing to send both your cab sim and dry amp signal independently to your audio interface; process the dry signal at your leisure in your DAW with the included and critically acclaimed Two notes Wall of Sound plugin.
- Compact Reactive Load Box (8 Ohm, 100 watt RMS)
- Tube Amp Attenuator: Home (-38 dB), Club (-20 dB), Stadium (0 db)
- Torpedo IR-based technology creating Dual-miked Virtual Cabinets and Dual IR Loader
- Loaded with 32 Virtual Cabinets, 128 preset locations and 512 memory slots for custom IR files
- Instantly select your favourite preset direct on the hardware
- Choose from 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations
- Torpedo Remote via USB and MIDI (Windows and macOS) or wirelessly on your phone/tablet (Android and iOS)
- Silent playing with Immersive Headphone Experience
- Stereo Reverb including SPACE control on hardware
- EQ: Semi-parametric in Torpedo Remote, VOICING hardware control
- Twin Tracker virtual guitarist
- Enhancer with Body, Brilliance and Thickness controls
- Noise gate with learn function
- XLR DI Outputs (3 routing options: Stereo, Dual Mono, Dry / Wet) - Dual Mono: Send dedicated signals to FOH and monitors with different EQ & Reverb
- - Dry / Wet: Send Cab Sim to audio interface from one output and dry on the other
- Two notes Wall of Sound plugin included for processing of dry recordings in your DAW
- Rugged, metal case: road ready and portable
- Speaker inputs/outputs: 1/4′′ jack unbalanced (TS)
- MIDI input: 1/8” jack - cable adapter supplied
- Micro USB port, with micro USB-B to USB-A cable supplied
- Powered by supplied PSU