Ibanez have combined a striking headless design with their signature advanced playability and versatile electronics – introducing the EHB bass series. Featuring a carefully-calculated headless design, versatile pickups and a number of configurations to choose from, these radical instruments are built with precision performance in mind.
Body & Neck
The body of the EHB series basses has been carefully designed for optimal ergonomics. The bass will sit in a comfortable position whether you’re stood up or sat down, with a set of simple curves and contours that offer excellent mobility and flexibility. The body wood of choice is African Mahogany, with an eye-catching Poplar Burl top.
The multi-scale neck employs a 9-piece design comprised of Panga Panga and Walnut. A set of Graphite reinforcement rods provide supreme stability, durability and resistance against the elements. Stainless Steel frets and luminous side dots further emphasise the expertise that has gone into the EHB’s design process. The multi-scale concept mirrors the movement of your hand, making for a comfortable, adaptive playing experience.
Electronics & Hardware
On the electronics front, you get a set of Nordstrand Big Split pickups with a hum-cancelling design. These pickups are known for their hybrid P/J tone, well balanced but with a bit of midrange bite when needed. A vari-mid 3-band EQ (complete with bypass switch) further complements a wide tonal palette.
Finally, a specially-designed bridge – the MR5HS – is unique in that each bridge piece is independently attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer. Adjustable saddles, Schaller S-lock strap pins and a Neutrik locking jack are the final pro-grade appointments – this bass means business.
- Pangapanga/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods
- 889mm/35" scale at 5th string, 838mm/33" scale at 1st string
- Poplar Burl top/Selected lightweight African Mahogany body
- Bound Panga Panga fretboard w/Abalone off-set dot
- Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Nordstrand Custom Big Split neck pickup
- Nordstrand Custom Big Split bridge pickup
- Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- MR5HS bridge (18mm string spacing)
- Black hardware
- Ibanez custom headpieces
- Factory Tuning: 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E, 5B
- String Gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Finger Ramp included
- Gig bag included