The D-12E is the latest gig-ready Dreadnought from acoustic heavyweights Martin. With the contempary tonewood combination of Sitka Spruce and Sapele, you get the signature Martin projection but with a modern twist. Sapele provides a similar sound to Mahogany, with a little extra high-end definition. Add a Richlite fretboard, Fishman electronics and a hand-finished tapered neck, and you’ve got a true modern workhorse.
Here’s what Martin say:
With a gorgeous glossed Sitka spruce top and Sapele back and sides, this solid wood Dreadnought model is a great sounding guitar at an affordable price. This all-new model is set apart from its siblings with a Style 28 multi-stripe rosette and Style 18 purfling on the back. It has a Richlite fingerboard and bridge, gloss body, and a hand-rubbed neck finish. Like other Road Series models, it also has Fishman MX-T electronics with a built-in soundhole tuner that auto mutes the audio output so you can tune up any time without using a pedal. This guitar comes with a soft-shell case so it is Road-ready to join you on all of your adventures!
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Sapele
- Side Material: Sapele
- Binding: Black
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: MOP Pattern Dots- 28 Style Pattern
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: Soft Shell
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T