Here's what Ibanez say about the AW150CE:
The Artwood series is the embodiment of Ibanez’s “modern approach to tradition.”
Cutting-edge woodworking technology enables Ibanez’s luthiers to reproduce the sophisticated bracing techniques of one-of-a-kind instruments of yesteryear.
While tradition is obviously the hallmark of the Artwood series, Ibanez’s decades-long search for the ultimate in acoustic tone has contributed to design alterations that have given Artwood guitars a voice all their own.
Body & Neck
The Dreadnought body shape of the AW150CE, along with the solid Sitka Spruce top, delivers player comfort along with an enormous frequency range that offers wave after wave of shimmering highs along with tight mids and a full-bodied low end.
Artwood guitars’ full sound is the result of using a solid Spruce top with Okoumeas a back-and-sides material.
The Ibanez T-bar under-the-saddle pickup equalizes the volume from each string and delivers a well-balanced signal, while the Ibanez AEQ-TP2 preamp provides the extra punch of on-board EQ.
Artwood models also boast a convenient and easy-to-read digital tuner, located on the instrument’s upper bout. The bone nut and saddle were chosen for their ability to transfer string vibration naturally. Ibanez Chrome open gear tuners ensure smooth and stable tuning.
- Body Shape: Cutaway Dreadnought body
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce top
- Back& Sides: Okoume back & sides
- Neck: Nyatoh neck (satin finish)
- Fretboard: Ovangkol fretboard
- Bridge: Ovangkol bridge
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Die-cast tuners
- Bridge Pins: Ibanez Advantage™bridge pins
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Compensated Bone
- Pickup: Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp: Ibanez AEQ-TP2 preamp w/Onboard tuner