Here's what Ibanez says about the AEWC400-IBB:
As an industry leader in the use of Exotic tonewoods, Ibanez continues to innovate with their new AEW series. Ibanez has long been researching and developing the highest levels of guitar playability. Finally, Ibanez is proud to offer the new AEWC model with some specially designed features.
The new AEWC body has contour cuts in the body top and body back. When you hold the body tightly, you must feel comfortable with the bodies back contour and arched back. The Ibanez original cutaway is adopted with a special design at back side to offer ultimate accessibility to higher fret positions. Moreover, the asymmetric neck delivers enhanced and comfortable playability. It’s also designed to make it comfortable to grip on the low fret side.
The Fishman® Pickup and Ibanez AEQ-SP2 Preamp deliver excellent reproduction and control of tonal characteristics and easy operation, while ¼” and XLR outputs give you options for a variety of direct plug-in applications. And the Flamed Maple body with IBB finish add Rock taste and make this model perfect to play on stage.
- Body Shape: AEWC Specially-Designed Comfort
- Top: Flamed Maple
- Back & Sides: Flamed Maple
- Body Depth: 45/100mm at Neck Joint/Body End
- Neck: Nyatoh AEWC Asymmetric Comfort (Satin Finish)
- Fretboard: Laurel
- Bridge: Laurel
- Soundhole Rosette: Abalone
- Inlays: Off-set White Dot
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Die-cast w/Black Knobs
- Strings: Ibanez IACS6C (.012 -.053 Gauge)
- Pickup: Fishman® Sonicore
- Preamp: Ibanez AEQ-SP2 w/ Onboard Tuner
- Output Jack: Balanced XLR & ¼” Outputs