Here’s what Music Man say:
The Majesty is the result of John's unwavering demand for performance, playability, and race inspired design. One of the most ergonomic and perfectly balanced instruments available, The Majesty features neck-through-body design, unparalleled upper and lower fret access, economical in-line control knob placement and new digital pickup switching capabilities which effectively eliminates the delay between pickup selection.
The Majesty is the exemplification of everything we know a John Petrucci signature model to be - innovative technology, versatile performance, and a sleek modern feel.
Designed to perfection
The Majesty features a perfectly balanced lightweight neckthrough body design, delivering unparalleled access to all 24 stainless steel frets, super smooth tremolo system, and ergonomically optimized control layout.
The Majesty features an abundance of tonal choices including magnetic and piezo options, coil tapping, and up to a 20db boost for extra gain when needed. Independent volume controls allow for custom blending of magnetic and piezo pickups that can be used in mono or stereo applications.
Each Majesty features Shaller M6-IND Chrome Locking Tuners to optimize tuning stability.
- Body Wood: Basswood with Mahogany through neck
- Body Finish: All gloss
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 17" (43.2 cm)
- Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: Through neck design
- Controls: Custom Music Man active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom centre position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume)
- Pickups: HH - DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasy; Piezo bridge pickup