Prog metal virtuoso Jason Richardson is world renowned for his blistering high speed playing - and he needs a guitar suited to keep up both with his incredible fretwork and picking technique. Who better suited to make such a guitar for him as Music Man?
The company behind the John Petrucci and Steve Lukather signatures brings you this very special custom Cutlass. It's an impressive piece of work, from the breathtaking woods to the premium hardware and every little detail in between. Those that know of Jason Richardson will recognise this as a guitar suited to heavy amounts of gain over leads and tight rhythm playing.
The materials used to build the Richardson signature could not be any more impeccable. Just take a look at the incredible buckeye burl top over alder body, as well as the roasted and flamed maple satin finish neck. On top is a cool ebony fretboard containing 24 smooth as silk stainless steel frets. Everything about the design of this guitar allows your hand to glide around freely for fast playing.
The Cutlass is equipped with two custom Music Man humbucker pickups, able to handle high gain with both precision and expression. Dig in hard for tight rhythm playing or engage in leads akin to those of Richardson. Sculpt your sound to intricate details using the two push/pull tone pots for a gain boost and coil tap capabilities. This isn't just a one trick heavy metal pony.
At the base of the design is a super sturdy floating tremolo bridge. The black bridge plate allows your hand to rest on the bridge comfortably, without the need to compensate for jagged metal edges. The guitar only uses locking tuners rather than the standard Floyd Rose style nut bolts. This allows for quick tuning changes, while the trustworthy hardware takes care of the tuning stability.
- Body Wood Alder
- Body Finish Satin
- Body Colors Natural, Black Burst
- Bridge Custom 7-string Music Man floating tremolo
- Scale Length 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius 15" (38.1 cm)
- Frets 24 - Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood Select figured roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard Ebony
- Fret Markers Dot inlay
- Neck Finish Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
Hardware and Electronics
- Tuning Machines Schaller M6-IND locking
- Neck Attachment 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls Custom Music Man active preamp w/ Silent Circuit; push volume pot for gain boost, push tone pot for pickup coil tapping
- 3-way pickup selector switch
- Pickups HH - Music Man Custom 7 string humbucking pickups, Ceramic magnets