Introduced in 1976, the Music Man StingRay has become a modern classic bass guitar and a popular choice among professionals. It's built to withstand the rigours of touring, whilst preserving the exceptional playability desired by many players the world over.
This stunning BFR StingRay 4 HH model features the same road-ready build and iconic look that came before, but has been updated to suit the discerning, contemporary-minded bassist. With its powerful dual-humbucker pickup configuration, highly-figured Roasted Maple neck, glorious all-gold hardware and Pink Champagne Sparkle finish - this bass sounds and looks simply divine!
The iconic StingRay bass has been meticulously refined to meet the continually evolving standard of current-day bass players. Its sculpted neck allows for easy access to all 22 stainless steel frets, while the improved body contours have been rounded further to create a more comfortable playing experience. This re-design has, in turn, resulted in a far lighter bass than its predecessors - without sacrificing any tone!
All of the hardware has been re-engineered too. Far lighter tuning machines result in more reliable tuning stability and a neck that doesn't suffer from any dive - giving the instrument better balance overall.
Neodymium pickups deliver more power, output and a larger range of sounds than the pickups found in older StingRays. Neodymium is a powerful magnet that projects a strong and pronounced tone - resulting in greater playing articulation. These pickups, combined with the use of a newly-designed 18V 3-band preamp, allows you to produce tones that herald the sounds of yesteryear but also possesses the power to deliver a modern day punch!
18V 3-Band Active Preamp
The Music Man StingRay's 18V preamp provides you with ample amounts of clean headroom, meaning that you crank its volume without 'crushing' or distorting your bass sound. A 3-band EQ gives you plenty of tone-shaping potential too, allowing you to precisely boost or cut the bass, middle and treble frequencies for sculpting the perfect tone.
Roasted Maple Neck
One of this bass' most incredible features is its Roasted Maple neck. Not only stunning to look at, this neck feels incredible too! The roasting process removes moisture from the material, causing the natural resins in the wood to harden. Producing a gorgeous dark colouration, this method more importantly provides increased stability and improved resistance to temperature and humidity changes.
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Colour: Pink Champagne Sparkle
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Neck Wood: Figured Roasted Maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock Oil and Hand-rubbed Special Wax Blend
- Neck Attachment: 5-bolt, Sculpted Neck Joint
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Fingerboard Wood: Figured Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Finish: Oil/Wax
- Frets: 22, High Profile, Wide
- Fret Material: Stainless Steel
- Fret Markers: Dot Inlay
- Nut Width: 1-11/16" (42.9mm)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Hardware Colour: Gold
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man Top-loaded, Steel Bridge Plate with Vintage Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, Lightweight with Tapered String Posts and Ergonomic Clover Design
- Knob Style: Barrel
- Pickguard: White Pearl
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
- Pickups: Dual Humbucking with Neodymium Magnets and Gold Pole Pieces
- Controls: 3-band Active Preamp with 18 Volts of Headroom; Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass
- Switching: 5-way Lever Pickup Selector