The Moog Mother-32 is a fully analogue performance and production synthesizer. Like all Moog synths, it's been meticulously handcrafted to inspire musicians to explore, creating unique sounds through real, hands-on one-knob-per function interface. There's no digital displays or searching through menus of presets. Moog synths are all about creating sounds from scratch and endless sonic exploration.
The Moog Sound
The Mother-32 module is mounted in a black, laser-etched extruded aluminum enclosure and finished with traditional wood sidepieces. This 100% analog instrument features a powerful 10-octave analog oscillator with variable pulse width, and an analog white noise generator. The signals from each sound source are then blended together by a voltage-controlled mixer for dynamic sound creation and manipulation. From the mixer, sound travels through a Moog Ladder Filter with selectable low pass and high pass filter types.
A Semi-Modular Beast
Mother-32’s semi-modular design means that no patching is required to create powerful analog sound. This allows musicians of any experience level to quickly begin making music. You can use its comprehensive 32-step, voltage-controlled sequencer or plug an external keyboard in via MIDI so that you can use it as a standalone instrument.
There are two sequencing styles available, allowing each user to quickly create new musical ideas with ease and familiarity. A total of 64 patterns can be stored and recalled from within Mother-32’s memory bank.
Yet if you're a bit more modular savvy, you'll will enjoy exploring the extensive 32-point patchbay, which unlocks truly expressive, unique and complex synthesis capabilities. The patchbay also provides access to a wealth of sounds and functionality including an assignable CV output jack, MIDI to CV conversion, external audio input, a second voltage-controlled mixer, sync, and multiple unit expandability.
Eurorack or Moog-rack
Mother-32 is happy by itself but it's also happy with friends. It can be taken out of it's desktop case and mounted on a standard Eurorack unit, or you can get rack kits that can house Multiple mothers or a Mother & Eurorack module combination.
- Semi-Modular design requires no patching for swift, inspired music creation
- Voltage Controlled 32 Step Sequencer with 64 Sequence Locations
- Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz–20KHz) with voltage controlled resonance
- External audio input for processing outside sound sources
- Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and Sawtooth wave outputs
- 5-pin MIDI input and MIDI to CV converter
- 32 Modular Patch Points (Includes 5 patch cables)
- 2 Voltage controlled mixers
- Superb companion to Werkstatt 01, Minitaur and other synthesizers
- Main module can be easily transferred into a Eurorack skiff or case
- Mount 2 or 3 units vertically with optional 2 and 3 Tier kits
- Complete solution for new Eurorack users – no other items required