Modal Electronics SKULPT-SE Portable Polyphonic Virtual Analog Synth
More stock due in 3 months or longer.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 167 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
The SKULPT SE from Modal Electronics builds on its highly regarded predecessor - the SKULPT - in a number of exciting ways. A compact design (powered via battery or USB) ensures that you can take this lightweight polyphonic virtual analog synthesizer wherever it's needed; compose, produce, and perform effortlessly on-the-move.
- Lightweight construction allows for production and performance on-the-go.
- Battery or USB powered.
- Innovative 32-oscillator virtual analog sound engine.
- 2 WAVE groups (four oscillators per voice, 12 slot modulation matrix, digital effects, and a morphable 2-pole resonant filter.
- Built-in arpeggiator.
- 256-note sequencer.
- Support for MPE.
- 128 preset sounds to experiment with.
- Compatible with the free MODALplugin and MODALapp for computers, laptops and smartphones.
- Cross-compatible with the standard SKULPT (polychain and exchange patches for even more creativity).
Utilise the innovative 32-oscillator sound engine, bolstered by 2 WAVE groups with a 12-slot modulation matrix, fully morphable 2-pole resonant filter, four oscillators per voice, and a suite of digital effects to craft your sounds. Each piece of the architecture contributes to a deep playing experience that belies its smaller dimensions.
That's not all though; an in-built 256-note sequencer and arpeggiator gives you the tools needed to build dynamic melodies and patterns in an instant. Add in 128 contrasting preset sounds, and support for MPE, and there's plenty here to experiment with.
If you're not satisfied with the SKULPT SE as a standalone unit, an entirely cross-compatible infrastructure ensures that you can swap patches and polychain it with the standard SKULPT. You'll also be able to use your SKULPT SE in conjunction with the free MODALplugin and MODALapp for your smartphone, laptop or computer, for even more options.
- Four voices virtual-analogue
- 32 oscillators, 32 oscillators, 8 per voice, split into 2 WAVE groups
- Individual waveform morphing for WAVE group
- Available waveforms WAVE 1: Sine - Triangle - Saw - Square – PWM
- Available waveforms WAVE 2: Sine - Triangle - Saw - Square –Noise
- Multi option Unison/spread to detune the 32 oscillators for massive sounds
- FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options
- Mixer section for WAVE levels
- Analogue-style morphing 2-pole filter with resonance
- Seamless morphing from lowpass, through bandpass, to highpass
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
- 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
- 8-slot modulation matrix with eight sources and 37 destinations
Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Realtime sequencer that will record up to 256 notes and up to 4 parameters of Animation
- Fully-featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, bipolar swing and sustain controls
- Distortion (waveshaping overdrive)
- Stereo Delay with modulation, sync to internal and external tempo sources
- 128 sound memory locations
- 64 sequence memory locations
Controls and Performance
- 16-key touch MIDI keyboard
- 14 endless encoders and 13 buttons to access synth parameters for sound programming and real-time tweaks while performing
- Compatible with MPE enabled MIDI controllers for expressive performance articulations
- Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic play modes available
Inputs and Outputs
- 3.5 mm / 1/8" TRS dual-mono output
- 3.5 mm / 1/8" TRS headphone output
- MIDI DIN In and Out
- 3.5mm / 1/8" Analogue clock sync In and Out
- Class-compliant MIDI over USB connection
- Powered by USB or 6 x AA batteries. USB cable included
- Free editor app available for macOS, Windows, IOS, iPadOS and Android
- Lightweight and durable hard plastic enclosure with removable protection lid
- Dimensions: 255mm x 135m x 68mm (10”x5 1/2”x 3”)
- Weight: 0.62 kg/1.37 lbs (without batteries)
- Modal Electronics
- Built-in Effects
- Onboard Sounds
- Sound Engine
- 32-oscillator virtual analog
- Trade Doubler Group ID
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Trusted Customer27th Oct 2021
Mr Paul Conway21st Oct 2021
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+