Sometimes one amp just isn't enough. You might want to run your rig in stereo without losing any clarity; you may want to use both of your favourite valve setups in the studio or at home; or you might just want a little peace of mind with a spare amp ready to go on stage. It sounds like you need a switcher!
Mesa Boogie, purveyors of some of the world's most popular valve amplifiers, have waded into switcher territory with their latest releases: the Head-Track Head Switcher and Switch-Track ABY!
The Switch-Track ABY
The Switch-Track enables an either-or-both, ABY scenario for your two favourite amplifiers. Select between two different amplifiers, two identical amps for more Channels and sonic options or combine them for a bigger, fuller sound, or a specific blended character.
The input is buffered to prevent signal loss due to increased loading when both amplifiers are engaged. Both outputs are transformer isolated for consistent tone and provide unbalanced or balanced signals for longer than normal cable runs. The B output’s Ground is default-lifted to eliminate Ground loops.
The switching (including phase) can be triggered at the unit itself for Pedal-Board mounted applications or remote controlled via Midi Program Change (or Control Change) commands sent from a MIDI Controller in scenarios that require the ABY be located at the amplifiers or in a larger Touring Rack setup.
- Switches your signal between two outputs
- Mute & Both footswitch allows you to toggle both outputs on; hold it for a second and it'll mute everything!
- 2 x buffered and transformer-isolated outputs for consistent, clear tone
- Tuner out with buffered bypass
- Ground lift switch eliminates ground hum
- Phase switch inverts phase of output B to match output A
- MIDI controllable
- Current Draw: 100mA at 9V DC
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 121mm x 96mm x 49mm