With people wanting to control more of their sound through their pedals it has lead to an epidemic of tap dancing on pedals. Although a fine jig can look great on stage while changing sounds it would be much easier if you could control all of your pedals with a single switcher. That is what makes the ES8 from Boss such a handy tool.
8 Different Pedal Loops
With the ES8 you have eight different pedal loops which you can plug any of your pedals into and then control later on through the ES8. So if you want to go from a clean channel with compression and reverb and change to your amps lead channel with an EQ pedal, reverb, delay and boost pedals, it only takes on switch press rather than five or more.
These loops can be programmed to be in any order so if you suddenly decide that you want the reverb to change from being in front of your drive to after it is really simple to do without having to unplug anything. This gives you ultimate creativity in optimizing your pedalboard layout without ever having to physically move your pedals.
Manual or Preset Mode
With these different modes you can control your pedalboard however you need it. In manual mode, turn off each of the eight loops as you want meaning that even if you don't have your pedals accessible on your board you can still control each of your eight loops on the fly. In preset mode you can instead switch between eight different programmed presets for each bank. There are enough presets for a long gigs-worth of sounds, but when you want to work out finer details, the manual mode gives you extra control.
Amp and Midi Control
Controlling your pedals is all well and good but what if you have MIDI capable gear or need to switch channels on your amp? Well it can handle those fine as well. If your amp supports MIDI or 1/4" Jack channel switching you can plug the ES8 into your amplifier for complete control, as well as being able to control external rackmount MIDI gear.
- Programmable switching system with eight loops (plus an additional loop)
- Analog circuit design to protect your pure tone
- Unprecedented routing flexibility with the ability to change the routing order and create parallel effect chains
- Onboard memory for storing external control parameters such as delay time for each patch
- Buffers can be turned on/off individually each for input and output and stored in each patch; level variability for output buffer
- Highly-reliable footswitches with switch-noise mute capability
- LCD and 7-segment LED display show detailed information at a glance
- 800 patch memories provide unmatched capability for touring musicians
- Completely customizable pedal function assignments