As large pedalboards and longer cable runs are becoming more and more common when playing electric guitar you need some tools to help keep your signal strong and make sure you have all the connections you need. The Mesa Stowaway is a 100% discrete, Class A input buffer that can help remedy your tone loss when using a pile of true bypass pedals or if you like using really long cables in your rig.
Pure Signal Stability
While amp setups are getting smaller and smaller pedalboards are getting bigger. That means longer cable runs and lots of impedance changes throughout the signal chain. This ultimately reduces the quality of your guitars signal and leaves you with a mushy tone with no impact at all. Putting the Mesa Boogie Stowaway in front of your pedals will help boost your pedals through that signal chain giving you the best possible sound.
Here's what Mesa say about the Stowaway Input Buffer
The Stowaway is Mesa's compact, 100% discrete, Class-A Input Buffer designed to remedy a whole array of Input challenges and small enough to mount underneath most pedalboards. From impedance loading and mismatching, to changes in a pickup's character and response as a result of varying effect pedals' input impedance and interconnecting cables' capacitance, the Stowaway provides the stable, consistent load your instrument needs to sound as intended.
- Made in Petaluma, California with the World's Finest Materials
- 100% Discrete Class-A Circuit
- Provides the tone & feel of plugging directly into a high-quality tube amp
- RFI Filtering minimizes radio-frequency interference and noise
- Provides guitar with a resolute load, segregating it from pedalboard variables and the long cable run back to the amp, for consistent tone and feel