Just one of Mesa Boogie's many famous amplifiers, the Dual Rectifier is widely known as the pinnacle of quality high-gain tone and has been for over three decades. Adapted to rock, grunge, punk and metal, the Dual Rec monster serves up incredible distinctive crunch and heavy low end.
At the core of the Dual Rectifier are two highly versatile channels - a softer, cleaner channel you can either set up as glistening cleans or a pushed, snappy sound, and a gain channel with three modes: Raw, Vintage High Gain and Modern High Gain. We imagine you'll spend most of your time here, and so do Mesa. That's why they've doubled up on this channel to let you explore all the gain stages and unique tones packed into this boutique head.
Set to raw, you're getting a smooth, classic crunch spitting out great harmonic content. The vintage high gain, meanwhile, is similar to a late '70s or '80s wail and the modern high gain is perfectly suited to today's boundary-pushing metal.
The Dual Rec doesn't just stop at great tone - it's built to the needs of the modern player, incorporating footswitch function, a quick mute and extremely handy effects loop. Don't be fooled that this is a simple meathead amp - it's a great pedal platform for all your external effects.
It's now easier than ever to get gritty tube saturation at lower volume levels. Switch over from 100 watts to a 50 watt mode on each channel for studio use, in practice and in smaller venues. There's slightly less headroom but a lot of time that's a good thing!
Fancy switching out your valves for a different tonality? No problem here - you won't have to bias when you do. Hit the switch on the back of the amp and you're good to go.
- Build Location Hand-Wired In Petaluma, CA with the World's Finest Materials
- Wattage Multi-Watt™ 50 or 100 (Channel Assignable)
- Power Tube Type 4x Mesa 6L6
- Channels & Modes 3 Channels / 8 Modes
- Mode Voicings / Styles Ch. 1 = Clean or Pushed
- Ch. 2 = Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain
- Ch. 3 = Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain
- Graphic EQ / Reverb / FX / Solo FX Loop, Solo
- Footswitchable Functions Ch. 1, 2, 3, Mute, FX Loop & Solo
- Speaker(s) & Impedance n/a
- Weight 41 Lbs.
- Dimensions 10" H x 25 1/2" W x 9 7/8" D