Martin D-42 Modern Deluxe Acoustic Guitar
An Iconic Design Modernised for Today's Generation!
OUT OF STOCK
More stock due in 3 months or longer.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 7195 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar is an exciting experience, but it can be a little overwhelming too. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Martin’s exquisite Modern Deluxe Series acoustic guitars seamlessly combine vintage sound and aesthetics with cutting-edge materials and contemporary playability. They're the perfect "old meets new" instruments — sharing the same basic recipe of their parent models in the Standard Series, but equipped with a raft of custom features that alter their sonic and performative characteristics; making them more suitable for today's generation.
This magnificent D-42 Modern Deluxe dreadnought model has many highlights, including a Sitka Spruce 'Vintage Tone System' (VTS) top, a dovetail neck joint, and a natural protein glue construction — yielding the rich, fully-aged sound that Martin guitars are known for. European Flamed Maple binding and gold open-gear tuners add to the luxurious look, while the ultra-modern upgrades include 'Liquidmetal' bridge pins, a tone-enhancing carbon fibre bridge plate, and a new neck shape that's slightly asymmetrical for maximum comfort. This guitar is anything but standard!
- VTS (Vintage Tone System) Top — A proprietary process that allows Martin to artificially age new guitar tops to adopt the characteristics of wood from a specific time period.
- Adirondack Spruce Bracing — Adds punch and projection, balancing out the warmth and dryness of the VTS top.
- 'Vintage Deluxe' Neck — This unique asymmetrical profile, combined with Martin’s 'High Performance' Taper, provides incredible playing comfort.
- 2-Way Titanium Truss Rod — 64% lighter than a conventional steel truss rod, which noticeably reduces the total weight of the guitar.
- Ebony Fingerboard — A dark and silky-smooth material that adds brightness and snap into the tonal equation.
- Liquid Metal Bridge Pins — Deliver a subtle boost in volume and sustain, while enhancing the overall voice of the instrument.
- Composite Carbon Fibre Bridge Plate — Both lighter and stiffer than a traditional wooden plate; increasing stability and allowing for optimal transfer of sonic energy.
- 25.4" Scale Length — Gives the strings reassuringly strong tension; perfect for digging into big chords!
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Back & Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Binding: European Flamed Maple
- Rosette: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Vintage Deluxe
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays: Golden Era Style 45 Snowflake (Abalone with Mother of Pearl)
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8"
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Nut: Bone
- Frets: 20
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly (Drop in Saddle)
- Bridge Pins: Liquid Metal
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Tuners: Gold Open Gear
- Case: Ply Hardshell
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable