The Martin D35 Standard Series is an incredible guitar with understated looks that don't detract from the incredible sound of this rather special guitar. The solid Sitka Spruce top with Indian Rosewood back and sides represent a tried and tested combination of tonewoods that offer a full range of tones from delicate and light to dark and subtle through to powerful and energetic.
Some guitars 'lend themselves' to a certain style of playing be it fingerpicking, strumming etc. Not so with the Martin D35 because it has all the dynamic range you could wish for and lets your playing style do the talking! Playability on the Martin D35 is superb as you would expect from a premium instrument from a Brand like Martin, with the low profile neck ensuring a comfortable positive grip.
The Martin D35 has a solid Sitka spruce top with glossy finish, special East Indian rosewood for the polished back and sides, and genuine ebony for the fingerboard and bridge. With its rich, resonant warmth and punchy volume, the Martin D35 is particularly well-suited to music styles requiring loud, powerful rhythm accompaniment. You even get a Martin case so its easy to keep your new guitar in the best condition wherever music takes you.
Here's what Martin have to say about the D35
The workingman's Dreadnought.
A distinctive three-piece back and antique white binding around the fingerboard set it apart. Expressive quarter-inch straight bracing gives it balance and power for any situation. Premium East Indian rosewood, Sitka spruce, and a timeless Dreadnought shape have made it the choice for pickers, strummers, and players from JOHNNY CASH to Seth Avett.
- Model: D-35
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multi Stripe
- Top Bracing Pattern: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 35
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay Style: Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Back Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid With Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood with Script Old Style Overlay
- Heelcap: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28, Mother-of-Pearl
- Fingerboard Binding: Antique White
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Medium - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA550T
- Bridge & End Pins: White Plastic with Faux Tortoise Dots
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Molded Hardshell
- Interior Label: None
- Other Options: Available left-handed at no additional charge
- Other Comments: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.