Marcus Miller is one of the world's most renowned bass players, with a distinctive and technically proficient style that has set him apart from his contemporaries. In order to meet his particular demands, Miller teamed up with MarkBass to collaboratively design a bass head that could cover the huge range of styles he's accustomed to.
The Little Marcus was the result, and the Limited 1000 Gold Line edition of his signature bass amp features a new EQ2 channel as well as gold-plated circuitry for the purest tones possible.
Compact & Simple
With MarkBass' acclaimed build quality and attention to detail, you can expect hugely powerful and punchy tones from this portable and lightweight 1000W head. The Limited 1000 has a simple front panel layout, ensuring that you can easily manipulate your tone on-the-fly. Despite its no-frills feature-set, this amazing amp does have a few tricks up its sleeve however...
With two EQ sections, you have plenty of flexibility at your disposal. EQ1 boasts a 5-band tone-shaping section, letting you adjust the essential areas of your bass guitar's sound. And with super-versatile Ultralow and High Mid controls, you can tailor your tones to suit practically any venue.
EQ2 is where it gets really interesting! Choosing to replace the Millerizer feature with a parametric EQ control for the Old School filter, the MarkBass Limited 1000 amplifier gives you more direct authority over your sound - as you can sweep and find a particular sweet-spot to boost in the frequency spectrum.
Here's what MarkBass says about the Marcus Limited 1000:
New Tone Setting
The Marcus Limited has simple, intuitive and effective controls like the Little Marcus heads, with better tonal choices thanks to the five bands on EQ1, from Ultralow to High. Improved versatility is provided by a new tone setting, tuned to offer a more defined, rich and dynamic sound that easily cuts in the mix.
New EQ2 with Parametric EQ
A parametric EQ control has been added to the 'Old School' filter on EQ2, allowing you to get a wider range of tone. The two EQ sections can give you practically any tone you'd ever need, no limits! EQ1 and EQ2 are footswitchable, plus the Marcus Limited features a thoughtful mute switch on the front panel.
Gold Line Top Features
As it happens in the Gold Line series, the Marcus Limited features gold-plated circuits and top-quality selected components, providing the purest and cleanest sounds you can imagine.
The Marcus Limited features the same compact size and light weight of all the Little Marcus family heads.
MPT - Mark Proprietary Technology
Many bass amps on the market use the same power amp from different manufacturers, which are not specifically designed for bass. At Markbass, Marco De Virgiliis invested a lot of money on R&D to create a proprietary power amp technology, specifically designed to respect and glorify the tone of your instrument.
- INPUT: impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 9 Vpp
- EFFECT RETURN: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
- GAIN: -46 dB to +23 dB range
- MASTER VOLUME
- LINE OUT LEVEL
- MUTE switch
- GROUND LIFT (switch on rear panel)
- PRE/POST EQ (switch on rear panel)
- FSW input for (optional) footswitch to turn on/off EQ1 and EQ2
- ULTRALOW: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 65Hz)
- LOW: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 180Hz)
- MID: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 500 Hz)
- HIGH MID: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 1.4 KHz)
- HIGH: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 3.8 KHz)
- OLD SCHOOL: Variable LOW PASS From 20KHz to 200Hz
- PARAMETRIC EQ: from 500Hz to 12KHz (Level 0 /+16 dB)
- LINE OUT: balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp
- EFFECT SEND: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
- TUNER OUT: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
- SPEAKER OUT: speakon
- WEIGHT: 6.83 lbs / 3.1 Kg
- WIDTH: 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm
- DEPTH: 9.84 in. / 25 cm
- HEIGHT: 3.27 in. / 8.3 cm
- OUTPUT POWER: 1000W RMS @ 4 ohms / 600W RMS @ 8 ohms
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 100/120V; 230V; 240V - 50/60Hz (Voltage is factory preset according to region of sale)