The Little Mark III is Markbass' flagship bass amp offering that powerful yet clear tone that the company is known for in a compact format.
This amp can pump some serious volume thanks to its 500-watts of solid-state power, so you're sure to be heard when you're performing. The power amp is a Mark Proprietary Design (MPT) which means it has been designed by Markbass to preserve the natural tone of your bass when amplifying it. The Little Mark III offers plenty of power and punch with a warm, natural tone, all in a head that's easy to transport - a great option for the gigging bassist.
While the Little Mark III provides a great natural sound, it also gives you plenty of control when it comes to dialling in your perfect tone. In addition to Gain and Master Volume controls, you can also sculpt the lows, low mids, high mids, and highs to get all the frequencies right where you want them. There's also the VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter) and VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) controls for even more tonal options.
When you turn the Little Mark III around you'll finds some functionality that'll come in handy, especially if you're a gigging musician. If you're a bassist that likes to dabble with effects pedals, you'll find the built-in effects loop useful for keeping delay and modulation effects sounding clearer when running your amp dirty. There's also a Line Out output for when you want to forego a cab and go direct into a PA, mixer, or audio interface and you can use the Pre/Post EQ switch to send your signal with or without the EQ shaping from the amp.
What Markbass say about the Little Mark III Bass Head
The flagship Markbass amplifier, the Little Mark III is the industry standard for tone, portability and value. This amp adds some high-requested features to its famous predecessor Little Mark II, with the same compact size and weight!
The Little Mark III's solid-state preamp has a warm and natural sound, and faithfully reproduces the true tone of your instrument. The 500-watt Markbass power amp (Markbass Proprietary Technology) supplies impeccable bass frequency reproduction. The new DI output features a pre-post EQ switch and output level control, so you can optimize the signal you send to the mixer or recording unit.
- Input: impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 15 Vpp
- Balanced Input (XLR): impedance 100 Kohm, max. voltage 25 Vpp
- Effect Return: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
- Gain: -60 dB to +23 dB range
- Master Volume
- Line Out Level
- Ground Lift (switch on rear panel)
- Pre/Post EQ (switch on rear panel)
- Low: center frequency: 40 Hz; level: ±16 dB
- Low Mid: center frequency: 360 Hz, level: ±16 dB
- High Mid: center frequency: 800 Hz, level: ±16 dB
- High: center frequency: 10 kHz, level: ±16 dB
- VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter): center frequency 380 Hz
- VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator): frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz
- Line Out: balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp
- Effect Send: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
- Tuner Out: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
- Speaker Out: speakon/1/4" combo, 1/4"
- Weight: 5.07 lbs / 2.3 Kg
- Width: 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm
- Depth: 9.84 in. / 25 cm
- Height: 3.27 in. / 8.3 cm
- Output Power: 500W RMS @ 4 ohms / 300W RMS @ 8 ohms
- Amp Technology: Solid State MPT (Mark Proprietary Technology)
- Amp Impedance: Minimum 4 Ohms