Picture may show a different kit configuration to what is advertised. Please check description to see what is included in this kit.
Mapex's Design Lab series represents a fresh approach to drum design. Using hybrid materials, these Versatus shells are formed to provide optimal tones, projection and performance. It's fair to say that Mapex's Black Panther Design Lab series is the finest drum lineup ever released by the company in its 30-year history.
Boasting 6-ply Maple and Mahogany hybrid shells, the Versatus System kit delivers huge yet balanced sounds. With the full and rich lows you'd expect from Mahogany, the Maple introduces a lively mid-range with crisp highs, ensuring that your playing articulation shines through.
- Classic tone with versatile usability and an advanced design - a no holds barred series with revolutionary breakthroughs in instrument design
- Hybrid Maple and Mahogany shells with chamber-specific designs - progressively thicker plies, 1/2'' graduated depths, and differing bearing edges as the drums increase in diameter
- Mapex's 'Sound First' design approach creates drums with outstanding performance and character
- The Concept Hybrid process blends a selection of various sound concepts to create a single instrument with a new and unique voice
- SONIClear™ Attenuation System gives you a completely new level of control to suit your environment and style
- Series: Black Panther Design Lab
- System Configuration: BPDLV728X
- Tom Dimensions: 10'' x 7'', 12'' x 7.5''
- Floor Tom Dimensions: 14'' x 13'', 16'' x 15''
- Bass Drum Dimensions: 22'' x 16''
- Auxiliary Drum Dimensions: 18'' x 12''
- SAS Scale: BPW - SAS 2 Peach Burl Burst
- Floor Tom / Tom Hoops: Triple Flanged
- Bass Drum Hoops: Matching Bass Drum Hoops
- Hardware: Black Brushed