Mad Professor have put out a stunning range of pedals. The Electric Blue Chorus PCB Pedal is flexible, great sounding and compact. The Electric Blue Chorus (EBC) uses a sine wave generator for a more pleasing and gentle “liquid wave” sound. The EBC has a very musical modulation with even stronger chorus settings and tones that lean toward vibrato that sets it apart from most other chorus pedals.
Here's a few sample effects you can get with this pedal. Sample settings (clock positions):
- Strong chorus: Blend 5, Depth 3, Speed 12
- Floating vibe-tone: Blend 5, Depth 4 , Speed 10
- Fast rotating speaker: Blend 3, Depth 3, Speed 5
- Mild chorus: Blend 12, Depth 12, Speed 12
Here's what Mad professor have to say about this pedal
We wanted to design a chorus pedal, that would please ALSO people, who do not generally like chorus pedals.
A chorus effect is achieved by mixing a dry signal with a modulated signal (vibrato, delay, etc.) simulating the effect of more than one instrument playing the same part. Traditionally one would mix a vibrato effect and a dry signal in equal portions to get the chorus effect. This may lead to a metallic quality of sound. With the EBC “Blend” knob you can adjust the mix of these two and get tones from mild to wild.
- BLEND: this is a control for setting the mix of the modulated and the dry sound. Turn it up for a more intense effect
- DEPTH: this a control for setting modulation depth. Turn it up for a deeper effect.
- SPEED: this is a control for setting the speed of the internal oscillator
- Input impedance: approx. 400K
- Output impedance: approx. 2K
- Power consumption: 40mA@9VDC
- DC supply voltage range: 9-12 VDC