The HSE-70 wraps around the ear and this mic is fairly unobtrusive, great for theatre work.
The mic terminates in a 2.5mm connector but two plug adaptors are included - 3 pin mini XLR (as used by AKG) and 4 pin XLR (as used by Shure)
This is what Stage Line say about the HSE-70:
Hyperlight miniature earband microphone with a high-quality cartridge of omnidirectional characteristic.
Practically invisible, outstanding sound technology! The HSE-70A/SK features a state-of-the-art appearance, technology, and sound! This earband microphone is ideally suitable for every application which requires perfect audibility and an accentuated sound. The high-quality back electret cartridge of omnidirectional characteristic with an optimised sound provides a voice reproduction of the brilliant high range which is virtually unequalled. It always provides a high-quality sound even if the microphone is not perfectly aligned to the mouth. The innovative and almost invisible one-ear attachment with earband and ear lobe support offers a perfect fit and makes it very comfortable to wear. This microphone is the solution where headband-based systems are rather inconvenient to use. Separate headphones can also be used simultaneously without any problems and without them being uncomfortable to wear.
Special technical feature:
The connection cable can be removed and be replaced by the replacement connection cable HSE-70C. With the optional adapters, the microphone can also be operated with transmission systems from other manufacturers.
- Wide transmission range
- Very comfortable to wear
- Stable positioning
- Drip ring (protects the cartridge against moisture)
- Perspiration-resistant, removable connection cable with 2.5mm stereo plug
- With supplied adapters compatible with all TXS-...HSE pocket transmitters (3-pole XLR) and pocket transmitters from JTS (4-pole XLR)
- With adapter NTA-4M (available at option), compatible with pocket transmitter TXS-880HSE
- Optional adapters allow the application with units from other manufacturers
- External power supply e.g. via the power supply adapters EMA-1, EMA-2, EMA-40 or EMA-300P