The Alto Truesonic 3 Series is the brand’s flagship range, demonstrating their finest engineering, attention to detail and sound quality. Ranging from 8” loudspeakers to 18” active subwoofers, it comes fully-loaded for events and stages of all shapes and sizes.
The TS318S is an 18” active subwoofer with 2000 watts of class D power. With multiple inputs & outputs (including discreet output modes for speaker matching) and handy EQ/polarity controls, the TS318S adds a rock-solid foundation to any live mix.
Here’s what Alto say:
TS318S features a rugged, long-excursion woofer mounted in a solidly-braced ported enclosure, computer-optimized for powerful low-frequency performance. The enclosure itself is made from a dense wood composite. This strong material has virtually perfect acoustic characteristics, which ensures that the subwoofers’ output is always clear and impactful. Conventional enclosures with flex-prone thin metal or plastic walls actually rob the speaker of acoustic impact by dissipating the driver’s energy as cabinet vibration. A sturdy, braced wood composite enclosure doesn’t waste the driver’s motion as cabinet resonance.
The Perfect Match
Strong, clear output is only half the battle, however in order for a subwoofer to be part of an ideal speaker system, it has to blend seamlessly with the companion speaker. This is where the Alto Professional’s TS318S truly excels.
All TS300-series subwoofers have a choice of six selectable DSP output modes, so the subwoofer’s frequency response and crossover frequency are perfectly-matched to the speaker it’s being used with. Four of these six output options match the subwoofer perfectly with Alto TS2 and TS3 full-range speakers, while the other two output options (Hi-Pass or Bypass mode) ensure a perfect match even with non-Alto full-range speakers.
Precision-Engineered for Performance
Our computer design techniques feature advancements such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA), which enables us to optimize the speaker’s magnetic structure and maintain a tight voice coil gap for maximum sensitivity. Our voice coils themselves have extremely tight windings that ensure maximum utilization of the input signal and our adhesives exhibit unrivalled consistency and durability under high temperature conditions for unsurpassed system reliability.
TS318S features an on-board 2000watt amplifier (1000 watts continuous) with proprietary limiting circuitry that provides electronic clip, thermal and transducer overload protection, ensuring that the system always sounds clean and clear, no matter how hard it’s pushed.
- Output Power: 2000 W peak, 1000 W continuous
- Amplifier: High-efficiency Class D amplifier
- Transducer: 18” (457 mm) woofer, 3” (76 mm) voice coil
- Frequency Response: 44Hz – 86 Hz (- 3 dB)
- Frequency Range: 35HZ – 97Hz (-10 dB)
- Maximum SPL: 133 dB (@ 1 m) 131 dB continuous (dB SPL @ 1 m)
- Connections: (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) inputs; (2) XLR outputs; (1) IEC power cable input
- Input Level: Line +4 dBu (nominal)
- External Controls: Volume control, DSP output mode switch, polarity-reverse switch, extended low-frequency switch, power switch
- Indicators: Signal/clip limiter LED, six DSP output mode LEDs, polarity-reverse LED, extended low-frequency LED, power switch LED
- Electronic Protections: Electronic clip, thermal and transducer overdrive protection
- Enclosure: Internally braced MDF cabinet; 36 mm mounting pole socket on top panel
- Rugged, mar-resistant splatter-spray finish always looks good, even with heavy use
- Power Connection: IEC with Mains Fuse
- AC Voltage Input: 100,110-120,220–240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Consumption: 1000 W Fuse: T10AL AC250V (100–120 V) or T5AL AC250V (220–240 V)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 26.8” x 21” x 24.7” / 680mm x 533mm x 628mm
- Weight: 86.4 lbs. / 39.2 kg
- Design Origin: Designed and tuned in the USA
- Accessories: TS318S Cover