ART Dual Z-Direct 2-Channel Passive DI Box
Here's what ART say about the DUALZDIRECT
The DUALZDirect provides two independent high quality totally passive interfaces that let you connect instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced inputs through high performance audio isolation transformers. Each of the high impedance single-ended 1/4" inputs is converted by a transformer into an isolated, balanced, low impedance signal output. The DUALZDirect's audio transformers have an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels. This gives the DUALZDirect a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments.
The input ATTENUATOR switches allow for a wide range of signal levels and the input THRU jacks allows for tapping off of your signal chain. The GROUND LIFT switches let you totally separate the input and output signal grounds, when appropriate, to isolate two systems, thereby reducing hum and ground-loop noise.
What further sets the DUALZDirect apart from other "DI" boxes are its extended features and versatility. We have added switchable low pass FILTERs that cut out all very high frequency interference. These Bessel filters on the outputs are placed out of the audio range and are primarily intended to reduce radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system. The filters are also very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the DUALZDirect as an interface between a computer-based audio workstation and your monitors. The PHASE INVERT switches, while not normally included with your "run of the mill" DI box, have been added to allow you to switch signal polarity right at the source. This feature is especially handy when you are combining a direct tap with a microphone feed in the mix.
The compact black-anodized all aluminum case and it's passive design allow the DUALZDirect to provide years of trouble free service in Live Sound, Permanent/Fixed Install, D.J., and virtually any PA application. It's full feature set, rugged construction, and high-end specifications make the DUALZDirect the obvious choice.
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz, ± 0.5dB @ +4 dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: .01% Typical @ 1 kHz, +18 dBu
- <.05% @ 100 Hz,
- +18 dBu
- Channel Separation: > 80 dB (typical)
- Input Connections: 1/4" TRS Unbalanced (2), 50k Ohm
- Thru Connections: 1/4" TRS (2)
- Output Connections: XLR Male Balanced: (2), 600 Ohm
- Input Attenuation: Switchable, (0 -20, -40dB)
- Filter Type / Response: Switchable, Low Pass, -3 dB @ 30 kHz
- Dimensions: 1.85"H x 4.6"W x 3.9"D (47mm x 117mm x 99mm)
- Weight: 0.88 lbs (0.40 kg)
Next Delivery Due: Tuesday, 22 January 2019
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Tuesday, 22 January 2019
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
UK Delivery £4.99