Now on Version 2, the Pro FX Series is back with all-new Vita Preamps and updated features such as the powerful Ready FX Engine.
The Pro FX series features the most comprehensive mixers for small to medium gigs. They feature everything you might need including inserts on the mic channels for compressors or gates, 3 band EQ and low cut on the 16 main channels, overall 7-band EQ for the mains, and built in effects so you don't have to worry about external FX units to get that professional touch of reverb or delay onto your live sound.
The New Vita Preamps are designed specifically for live sound. Virtually noisless and featuring Class-A front end, this vital part of your audio chain will perform time and time again, resulting in a clear and balanced sound.
Ready FX Engine
The new FX engine in the ProFX V2 series utilises floating-point DSP so that it can quickly process high quality audio in a live environment. As a result, you get studio quality effects that are rich and add that extra ingredient to your performances.
Drummers can use it for monitoring, too
Take the aux mix from the front of house board that would have gone to your wedges and plug it in to a channel on the ProFX16v2. Once your mix is set, you have complete control over sound shaping and volume without having to get the attention of the mix engineer. Keyboard players, you can use it to mix your multi-instrument rig straight into your amp onstage. Even audio-visual professionals working in conference breakout rooms and convention general sessions will find the functionality and connectivity of the ProFX16v2 an easy, great-sounding solution - when you're working in a room with a 70-volt system, the 7-band graphic EQ will come in especially handy!
Gear that stands the test of time
Ever walked into a venue to set up and been pointed to an old Mackie mixer in the corner, covered in years of smoke, dust, and bar goo? Are you surprised when you plug in, fire it up, and rock your gig? You shouldn't be! Mackie has been making solid, roadworthy gear for decades, and the ProFX16v2 is no different. In fact, the gear just keeps getting better. Built like a tank? Indeed! With solid steel chassis construction and super-tough ABS side protection, you'll be playing through your ProFX16v2 for years to come.
Record and stream via USB
With all the right tools for the job, the ProFX16v2 allows you to create memorable mixes, but even with all those features, portability is paramount, and you can't be burdened with lugging around additional equipment. No worries, integrated USB I/O takes the pain out of recording. Just connect the ProFX16v2 to a laptop, start up your included copy of Tracktion music production software, (or almost any DAW software) and you can record the whole mix. You can even stream music from your laptop during breaks.
The innovative USB Thru switch allows for an impressive live/recording setup when using performance software like Ableton Live or Reason. When gigging, stream the output of your performance software (or iTunes, for that matter) into the ProFX16v2. Combine that signal with anything plugged into the mixer, and send the whole thing back to the computer for recording. Archiving your integrated live performances has never been easier!
UNMATCHED SOUND QUALITY
- 10 extremely low-noise Mackie Vita™ mic preamps designed to add life to any input
- All-new ReadyFX™ effects engine with 16 great-sounding effects like reverbs, delays and choruses
- Single-knob channel compression for smooth, even dynamic control (ch. 5-8)
NO-COMPROMISE LIVE MIXING
- 7-band graphic EQ for tuning mains or monitors
- Built-in USB interface to record the show or provide music playback
- 4 flexible subgroups for professional mix management
- 2 aux outputs for monitor mixes, fill speakers and more
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mids on mono channels
- 16 high-headroom line level inputs
- Individual channel mutes and overload indication
- 100Hz low-cut filters per channel (18dB/octave)
- Channel inserts for connecting outboard processing (ch. 1-4)
- 60mm faders for input channels, subgroups and main masters
- 48V phantom power for connecting condenser mics
- FX mute with remote control via footswitch
- Break switch mutes all channels for music playback between sets
- Control room / headphone outs with level control
- Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalance ¼-inch main outputs
NO-HASSLE USB RECORDING/PLAYBACK
- Built in USB recording interface with simple setup via Mac or PC
- Choose to record subgroups 1/2 or main L/R mix
- Separate USB input level control to mains
- USB routable to full-featured channel strip
- Great for live recording and perfect for home studios
- Stream playback music for live or studio applications
- Includes user-friendly Tracktion® recording software
RUGGED ROADWORTHY DESIGN
- Legendary Mackie “Built-Like-A-Tank” design
- Solid steel chassis protects your investment
- Tough ABS side protection
- Robust internal multi-voltage power supply