The PDI09 DI Box for guitar simply does what all guitarists have wanted since guitar amps began: it takes the speaker output and splits it, sending the powered load back to the speaker cab (or a dummy load) and whisks the rest of the signal through Palmer's fabled speaker emulation filters and to a balanced XLR output read to go to front of house or a mixing desk!
Perfect for vintage amps or smaller combos that don't have a dedicated line out, though remember the load from a valve amp HAS to stop somewhere, either a speaker or a dummy load. You cannot just plug a valve power output into the PDI09 without connecting anything to the 'thru'.
take all of the hassle out of micing up your vintage amp on-stage and get consistant reliable sound that isn't going to stop when your over-eager lead singer kicks over the microphone infront of your cab!
- 15W amp -> no Attenuation
- 50W amp -> 15db Attenuation
- 100W Amp -> 30db Attenuation
- Classic British tone -> Filter Switch to Bright
- Classic American tone -> Filter Switch to Mellow
Here's what Palmer say about the PDI-09 DI for Guitar
The PDI09 can be connected between an effect device or amplifier and the mixing console. The PDI09 is not suitable for direct connection to a guitar. Integrated filter circuits simulate the authentic "speaker" sound. Tone can be varied between "Mellow", "Normal", or "Bright".
- Product type: speaker simulator
- Type: passive
- Channels: 1
- input type: unbalanced
- Inputs: 1
- input connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- output type: balanced
- Outputs: 1
- output connectors: 6.3 mm Jack, XLR
- output impedance: 600 Ohm(s)
- controls: voicing, attenuator
- dummy load: no
- max. load: max. 200 W
- voicing filter: yes
- power attenuator: no
- transformer isolated outputs: yes
- cabinet material: die-cast aluminium
- Cabinet / Housing surface: powder coated
- Width: 120 mm
- depth: 60 mm
- height: 35 mm
- Weight: 0,27 kg