Left Handed Versions Available
Many of Gibson's USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw who's always dreamed of owning a US-made Gibson, please contact us with any enquiries.
The Les Paul Standard is the flagship model for Gibson. As the iconic design creeps closer to its 70th birthday, Gibson have rather fittingly taken it back to its roots. The ‘50s Les Paul Standard Gold Top is the true essence of Lester Polfus’ definitive instrument, down to the finest detail.
- ABR-1 Bridge normally found on Custom Shop models
- Vintage-style kluson machineheads
- Traditional 50s style fatter neck carve
- No weight relief
- Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups which are vintage voiced Alnico II pickups
- Audio Taper pots for a smooth volume transition
- Electronics are no longer PCB mounted
Body & Neck
The guitar is made with the winning formula that the Les Paul is known for. The solid Mahogany body is topped with Maple and that jaw-dropping Gold Top finish. This classic combo gives you an undeniably beautiful aesthetic, not to mention jaw-dropping sustain, weighty lows and a timeless top-end sparkle.
In keeping with tradition, the neck is also Mahogany, in this case using a rounded ‘50s-style profile. Combined with a Rosewood fingerboard and Trapezoid inlays, it feels, looks and sounds every bit as classic as you’d expect.
Hardware & Electronics
Gibson have loaded the ‘50s Standard with Burstbuckers featuring Alnico II magnets. These magnets are known for their PAF-style sound; combined with the Mahogany & Maple duo and hand-wired electronics with Orange Drop capacitors, the Burstbuckers deliver that singing Les Paul tone that’s inspired guitarists for generations.
The hardware has been carefully selected to echo the classic Les Paul blueprint. Vintage Deluxe tuners & Amber Top Hat knobs are among the notable features, with Nickel plating and luxurious binding perfectly tells the story of an iconic instrument.
- Material: Mahogany
- Top: Maple
- Weight Relief: None
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Vintage ‘50s
- Nut width: 1.695" / 43.05mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of fret:s 22
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Inlay: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar
- Knobs: Amber Top Hats with Pointers
- Tuners: Vintage Deluxe with Keystone buttons
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck pickup: Burstbucker 1
- Bridge pickup: Burstbucker 2
- Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch (hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
- Case Included