The KORG Volca Sample 2 is the latest iteration of the popular Volca Sample. It is the same compact, portable and versatile sample-based drum machine you know and love - now with a host of new improvements across the board. These include enhanced connectivity (namely a micro USB port), increased sample memory, an extended sound library, and functional tweaks to make your workflow even more streamlined and intuitive!
Thanks to the wide-ranging suite of integrated features housed in such small dimensions, the Volca Sample contains everything you need to craft grooves and music on-the-move. At its heart, the Volca Sample is a hands-on, advanced sample machine. This is augmented by digital reverb, 8 voice polyphony, a double filter, an in-built speaker and a series of controls used for tweaking and altering your samples.
Thanks to the inclusion of USB, MIDI and SYNC IN-OUT connections, you can now effectively integrate the unit into your home studio configuration or your live setup. As well as this, you can connect it to any other Volca - broadening your creative options no-end!
The USB can be used to hook up your Volca Sample to a laptop or computer - making the management of your sample library a complete breeze. This function is also useful for sync, control and playing purposes, as it allows you to play it via your preferred DAW. The handy compatible AudioPocket app for iOS is smart too; simply capture samples wherever and whenever, and transfer them over immediately to the Volca Sample for later use.
New Beat Making Tools
A couple of fresh features exclusive to this iteration have been included to take your beat creation to new heights. Use the Pattern chain mode (with a couple of contrasting STEP JUMP modes) or harness the Start Delay setting to delay the first part of any sound. This opens up whole new avenues - allowing for rhythms with an entirely different swing and feel.
More, More, More!
With 200 memory slots available to you, you've now got twice the amount that were present on the previous version of the Volca Sample. Of these, 50 remain empty, which are left free so you can load in custom samples, or other preset libraries. The pattern locations boast a further reinforcement as well, going from 10 to 16 in size.
A completely new (and meticulously curated) sound library has been developed for the unit too. This contains 150 samples that cover just about every relevant genre you can think of. From lo-fi hip-hop, to trap and future bass, you'll have all of the sonic tools required for any kind of production.
Sample Pack Collaboration
KORG decided to collaborate with two talented artists on the creation of two additional sample packs for the Volca Sample 2: TORIENA and Moe Shop. Both are highly regarded in the Chiptune and Kawaii Future Bass genres respectively. This music involves extensive sample use, making them both perfectly placed for this project. Each artists sample pack can be downloaded free of charge from KORG's website.
Free Music Software Bundle Included
As well as the Volca Sample 2 itself, you'll also receive a selection of music software from industry heavyweights, iZotope. From the 'Reason Lite' DAW and 'Skoove' (which is designed to take your keyboard skills up a notch), to 'Ozone Elements' - a powerful song creation tool which helps you to create tracks (which can be enhanced using AI) - this bundle of software is extremely varied. On top of that you'll get a suite of software synths from KORG and a bunch of other respected brands.
- Keyboard: Multi Touch Keyboard
- Type: (PCM)
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- 200 (150 Presets & 50 Empty Slots. All slots Can be Overwritten)
- Memory Size for Sample: 8MB, 130 Seconds
- Sampling Frequency: 31.25kHz, 16bit
- Edit: Sample（Start Point, Start Delay, Length, Hi Cut, Pitch, (Speed, EG Int, Attack, Decay), Amp (Level, Pan, Attack, Decay), Reverse On/Off
- Digital Reverb: On/Off, Mix
- Analogue Isolator: Bass, Treble
- Number of Parts: 10
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 16 (1 to 10 Feature Presets Loaded by Default on Factory Settings. Pattern Chain Function)
- Control: Motion Sequence, Active Step, Step Jump, Swing
- Audio Input: Headphones (3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm Monoaural Mini Jack, Max Input Level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm Monoaural Mini Jack, Max Output Level: 5V)
- MIDI: MIDI In
- USB: Micro-B USB Port
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 Hours (Using Alkaline Batteries)
- Power Supply: AA Alkaline Battery x6, AA Nickel Metal Hydride Battery x6, or AC Adapter "KA-350" (Optional)
- Included Items: AA Alkaline Battery x6, Sync Cable
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 193（W）x 115（D）x 45（H）mm (Including Knob Height)
- Weight: 372g (Excluding batteries)