Here's what Korg say about the Grandstage 73 Stage Piano:
KORG's acclaimed flagship piano sound engine and meticulously selected keyboard sounds. Looks that pay respect to acoustic pianos, yet also convey the ingenuity and individuality of electronic instruments. And a panel layout that is carefully designed to draw out the player's personality and expression. Firmly grounded in both newness and in the piano tradition, it's the birth of a masterpiece for a new generation.
KORG's Grandstage delivers the ultimate playing experience to make your on-stage performance captivating.
Both 88-key and 73-key models of the Grandstage feature the Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 (RH3) keybed. Made in Japan, we are proud of the Premium Japanese Quality achieved through the careful production skills of a small number of dedicated and experienced craftsmen. Like the keyboard of a grand piano, it's divided into four regions in which the lower register feels heavier and the upper register feels lighter, beautifully conveying the delicate touch and nuances of your fingertips, and letting you experience a realistic playing feel.
The Grandstage features an elegant design that exemplifies the elegance of an acoustic piano, the very quintessence of keyboard instruments. Its front panel features hairline-finished aluminum, and striking red LEDs ensure great visibility even on a dimly lit stage. The rear panel features chic woodgrain, creating an individualist and stylish appearance that will be obvious at a glance. The entire rear panel KORG logo can be brightly illuminated, and you can adjust the color, brightness, and illumination mode to your taste. As a piano that was born for the stage, this instrument makes a statement.
The Grandstage comes with a dedicated music stand that can be attached to the instrument, a damper pedal (DS-1H) that supports half-pedaling, and ships including a newly designed keyboard stand (Standard-M-SV) with a sophisticated chrome plated finish to match the instrument. A complete stage piano system based on the Grandstage will elevate your performance to the ultimate.
Korg Grandstage V2.0
KORG Grandstage Ver.2.0 evolves this instrument to an even more fully-developed stage keyboard by adding more than 60 sounds, including standard sounds that you’ve heard in great songs of the past as well as distinctive effect-processed sounds. Ver.2.0 is a free update for all existing Grandstage keyboards.
64 unique signature sounds have been added to expand the range of timbre variations.
- Piano: A cinema piano that creates the atmosphere of a movie scene, a piano that sounds from the radio, and a thick piano sound that combines synths and electric sounds.
- E.Piano: Inspired by the signature sounds of numerous famous songs such as Wobble Wah and Distortion, unique effect variations not found in previous presets.
- Clav: Combination of unique effects such as Comp, Talk Mod, Wah + Distortion.
- Organ: Organ sound that matches the characteristics of music genres such as Funk, Blues, Gospel.
- Strings, Brass: Bright brass sounds that sound good even in the band, and nostalgic vintage synth strings.
- Synth, Bell/Guitar: LFO-driven motion pads, sounds that match the latest music.
- SFX: Numerous SFX variations that can be used between MCs on stage.
- Sound engines that deliver the utmost in stage sound perfection
- A user interface designed for playability on stage.
- Reverb and delay that are easy to control.
- Dynamics knob lets you instantly control the sound's crispness and expressivity.
- Favorite buttons let you instantly recall the sound you want.
- Smooth sound transition creates a natural-feeling change when you switch sounds.
- Three-band equalizer lets you shape your sound.
- Layer/split capability lets you easily combine sounds.
- Panel lock prevents unintended operation.
- RH3 keyboard responds to even the subtlest nuances of your playing.
- Design that combines both elegance and individuality.
- Music rest, pedal, and keyboard stand are included.
- Made in Japan – Premium Japanese Quality.