The Prophet XL marks a brand new world for the Sequential Prophet Series. A 76-key, bi-timbral, 8-voice stereo (16-voice mono) synthesizer combining digital oscillators and high fidelity stereo samples, processed through stereo analog filters and the awesome sound and synthesis capabilities we all love and have come to expect on a DSI synth.
At the heart of the Prophet XL is a new sound engine that powers two simultaneous 16-bit, 48kHz sample-based instruments plus two high-resolution digital oscillators with waveshape modulation — all processed through stereo analog filters.
Expansive sample library
To start you off DSI have created a 150GB sample library, created with acclaimed sound developers 8Dio. The library includes acoustic and electronic instruments as well as ambient and cinematic effects. In addition the Prophet XL provides you with 50 GB of internal storage space so that you can load your own favourite samples and sample libraries.
To make these samples your own, the Prophet XL offers a wide range of sound shaping tools including loop manipulation, sample stretching and the fantastic DSI envelope generatiors, LFOs, modulation matrix and more! The Prophet XL has such a large pallette of sounds that it goes way past the average Synth. If you are a live keyboard player, sound designer or composer looking for a wide gamut of tones under one keyboard, the Prophet XL is the ultimate, super flexible synth for you.
The Prophet XL features a premium-quality, five-octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch, an integrated power supply, USB support, and three OLED displays.
In November 2018 Sequential debuted the Prophet XL OS 2.0.It brings a load of new features to help make this powerful synth even more versatile. Features include:
- 32-voice performance mode which doubles the polyphony for single instrument/oscillator sounds
- Sampled instruments can now play in stereo when in 16-voice mode.
- Arpeggiator/Sequencer MIDI out can now drive other sound modules
- New "forward/reverse" looping modes
- Ring modulation available as an effect
- Hack and Decimate effects (bit/sample rate reduction) can now be modulated
- Velocity/pressure curves, alternative tunings can all be saved per program
- And more!
Sequential have reserved a full 50 GB of space for user sampling, more than enough for the keenest sampling enthusiast.
Musicians can easily arrange their custom recording, creating their own one-of-a-kind instruments through cross platform mapping software provided by 8Dio. Once transferred, the sample can be processed using the full extent of the Prophet's abilities and effects.
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- USB MIDI
- Sample import jack for USB Stick
- Main stereo audio output: 2 x 1/4″ phone (TS, unbalanced)
- Output B stereo audio output: 2 x 1/4″ phone (TS, unbalanced)
- Pedal/CV: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages.
- Volume: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages.
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Sequencer: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch to trigger sequencer playback.
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack.