This 88-note flagship music Workstation from Roland can be used effectively for use in both the studio and within your live-playing environments, squashing the age-old dilemma of having an instrument that can only be used to its full potental in either of the two scenarios. The built-in audio interface and DAW integration will certianly attract an audience from within the studio scene, while the 88-note pro-quality weighted-action keyboard and 16kg weight will give the live-playing.
Huge Range of Sounds
The FA-08 provides you with a massive variety sounds which have been taken from the popular Integra-7 module and span the entire musical spectrum. Each of the 16 parts has its own, individual effects engine, boasting 67 effect types, on top of dedicated processors for drums, EQ, chorus and reverb. What's more, you can access the Axial website, which features even more wide ranging sounds, split into various genres.
Powerful Idea Creating Workstation
The FA-08 features a powerful sampler and easy-to-use sequencer, giving you everything you could possibly need to begin creating music whether you're tucked up in your studio or you're out playing on the road. This is a great way of generating ideas away from your main studio. Then once you're ready to convert it into a full track, either finish it of from the FA08 itself or easily transport all the separate stems and information via an SD card into your DAW of choice.
Here's what Roland say about the FA-08 Music Workstation:
The 88-note flagship workstation for studio and live use - If you use a workstation to make music, you’ll recognise the dilemma. Studio
keyboards don’t cut it live, and live keyboards don’t get on with studio gear, so each instrument solves only half of your problems. The new FA-08 workstation makes the problems disappear; studio heads will love the built-in audio interface and DAW integration, and live players will appreciate the 88-note pro-quality weighted-action keyboard and 16kg weight.
And whichever camp you’re in, you’ll definitely love the huge collection of sounds, taken from the popular Integra-7 module and spanning the entire musical spectrum. Each of the 16 parts has its own effects engine, each with 67 effect types, on top of dedicated processors for drums, EQ, chorus and reverb. Add a powerful sampler and easy to use sequencer and you’ve got all the tools of the trade - ready to make music wherever you are.
- Reimagined music workstation designed to maximise your creative flow
- 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard provides premium weighted-action performance in a lightweight design that’s easy to transport
- Over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums; add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with the expansive collection of free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland’s Axial sound library site
- 16-track sequencer with non-stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly; export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Polish your sounds with a multitude of studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large colour LCD
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-08 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording; dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer; MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit