- 1 x Novation UltraNova Analogue Modelling Synthesizer
- 1 x Novation Soft Carry Case for the Ultra Nova 37 Key Synth Keyboard
Get your free copy of Ableton Live Lite!
When you purchase this item, you're eligible to recieve a free copy of Ableton Live Lite to go with it. To redeem your free download, click here and follow the instructions on Albeton's website. Enjoy!
This compact yet fully featured synth boasts an innovative, easy-to-use design and great sounds at an affordable price. Billed as the successor to Novation's famous "SuperNova" synth, this modern updated version has state of the art hardware and tactile control, with all the character of a vintage synth! And with this bundle, you get a handy carry case so you can record, rehearse or just jam on the go!
The Ultranova's engine is based on the Supernova's original design with enhancements to the filters, and addition of wavetable synthesis, software control and a great "touch mode" feature where you can manipulate your core sounds with just a touch of the rotary encoders.
Here's what Novation say about the UltraNova:
UltraNova is the new generation of Novation's iconic 'Nova' range of synthesizers. It packs the massive 'Nova' sound into a compact body with a built-in vocoder. A new 'Touch' performance system places deep control of the synth right at your fingertips - so incredible new ways to play, create and perform are just a touch away.
UltraNova has 300 onboard sounds that you can browse by type and musical genre, so gigging musicians can get started straight away. You can quickly change the character of the sound with 8 encoders and a large, smooth encoder for detailed control.
It also comes with software plug-in editor which gives you in-depth visual editing, and can be opened and controlled in your DAW. There is also a software patch librarian that allows you to store, organize and search for an unlimited number of patches by type and genre.
UltraNova has wavetable synthesis, 14 filter types, 6 envelopes, 3 LFOs, 5 effects slots, density/detune and much more. This level of power needs clear control, so each part of the synth has a dedicated button that assigns parameters to the 8 encoders above the LCD screen. This makes UltraNova fast and easy to program, like an analogue synth.
UltraNova has an onboard 2 in 4 out USB Audio Interface that can transfer audio directly to and from your computer. It also has a SPDIF output, MIDI in/out/thru ports (for hardware-to-hardware connectivity). Finally, UltraNova can work in 'Automap mode', transforming its eight encoders into a powerful controller for plug-ins and DAWs.
Novation Sound Collective
Get free or discounted software exclusive to registered Novation users! The Sound Collective offer changes frequently, so make sure you check back to make the most of the free software and plugins that you'll get! Click here for more info.
2 year warranty
All Novation products come with a 24 month warranty from the point of purchase, if bought after October 2016. Visit Novation's site for more infomation.
Brand new Nova-series synth engine based on Supernova II
- Single part with up to 18 voices, 14 filter types, 36 wavetables, 5 effect slots
- Patch Browse enables you to browse 300 sounds by type & genre
Touch-sense controls enable totally new sound-shaping & performance
- Trigger envelopes/LFOs/filters/FX by just touching the encoders
- Large rotary control allows you fine control of any parameter
Totally gig-able with 37 full sized keys, a vocoder, and loads of controls
- Voice optimized 12 band vocoder with gooseneck mic
- High quality key bed with aftertouch for expressive playing styles
Software plug-in editor and Patch Librarian for full visual editing
- Plug-in editor allows you to view and edit in with software
- Software Patch Librarian a organize, store and share unlimited patches
Built-in 2 in 4 out USB audio interface and it can be bus powered
- UltraNova can be used to stream audio to and from a host computer
- Stereo main (analogue & SPDIF) and aux outputs, and MIDI in/out/thru ports
- Chord function
- Filter distortion
- Density & Detune functions
- Automap controller
- Powered by USB or the included power supply
- 144 character LCD
- 8x detented touch sensitive encoders
- 1x large smooth encoder (with back-lit filter lock buttons)
- 1x large patch select/speed dial encoder
- 2x volume & monitor mix dials
- 39 LED lit/indicated buttons
- Pitch wheel (LED lit)
- Modulation wheel (LED lit)
- 37 note keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- XLR dynamic mic input
- 2x ¼” jack inputs
- 2x ¼” jack outputs
- 2x ¼” jack aux outputs
- 1x ¼” jack headphone output
- SPDIF digital output on RCA connector
- Expression pedal on ¼” jack input
- Sustain pedal on ¼” jack input
- MIDI in/out/thru
- 12 volt power input
- USB port (UltraNova can be powered via USB)
- Kensington security slot
USB Audio Interface
- 2 in, 4 out soundcard
- 44.1 / 48kHz at 16 or 24 bit to host
- 44.1 / 48kHz at 16 bit from host (if you select 24 bit from host, audio
- data is limited by the driver to 16 bit playback)
- Dynamic range : - 98dB
- Input 1 + 2 frequency response : 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 1dB
- Gain rage : -10 to + 65dB
- THD+N = 0.002%
- Maximum output level +6dBu
- signal to noise ratio referenced to 0dBFS (+6 dBu) = 96dB
- Noise EIN = 117dB
- Input 1 - balanced XLR & balanced TRS 1/4"jack
- Input 2 - balanced TRS 1/4" jack only