Korg have continued in their efforts to make music creation fun and intuitive with the introduction of the highly portable and programmable, Nu: Tekt NTS-1 Digital KIT. This DIY synthesizer is one that you will put together yourself, with no stress inducing soldering required. It comes with everything you need to simply construct this compact, but surprisingly powerful synth and multi-effects engine.
The very nature of the NTS-1 promotes creativity and the customization of your setup. The screws found along the side of the unit are long enough to allow for the attachment of custom-made side panels – letting you tinker to suit your personal preferences. An assortment of versatile inputs and outputs means you can also use the NTS-1 in tandem with a whole variety of different software and hardware. For example, you could alter and then add digital effects to your audio signal, or even control it through external MIDI controllers and sequencers. The musical possibilities are endless!
Free Collection of Music Software
Take your music making chops to the next stage with the inclusion of a bundle of brilliant music software. Korg software synths, ‘Reason Lite’ DAW software and IZotope ‘Ozone Elements’ are just some of the creative options that you’ll have available at your fingertips. The opportunity to produce something truly great is made extremely straightforward thanks to these added tools.
The NTS-1 was designed with varied sonic possibilities at the forefront. The streamlined user interface makes deep parameter changes easy, needing just a few alterations of the buttons and knobs. The model boasts a digital oscillator which has the capability to generate square, triangle, sawtooth and VPM waveforms. These can then be further manipulated via the adjustment of only a few controls and through the collection of filters – which further influence the tone of the oscillator.
A trio of onboard effects units features delays, contrasting reverbs and modulation effects, allowing you to flesh out the sound you’ve generated even further. The arpeggiator is incredibly practical, with a number of different patterns available. You can also create fresh ideas effortlessly with scales and note orders that include a really fun random mode.
- Single Monophonic Digital Oscillator – Influenced by the MULTI Engine (a Feature of the Minilogue xd and Prologue). Load Custom Oscillators from Korg’s Logue SDK.
- Full Arpeggiator – Contains Multiple Modes, Scales, Ranges and Modulation, Spatial and Delay Sections. Scale and Note Orders Include a Random Mode. Adjust the Pattern Length (from 1-24 Steps). If Synced Externally, Step Duration can be Adjusted Further (16th to 64th Notes).
- One Multimode Filter (Choose from Low Pass 2/4 Pole, Band Pass 2/4 Pole, High Pass 2/4 Pole and Open Mode), One Envelope Generator.
- Three LFO’s, Three Stereo Effect Processors, Ribbon Controller, Streamlined Interface.
- Type: Ribbon Keyboard
- Free Collection of Music Software (Compatible with Mac/Windows)
- Includes: USB Cable, Screwdriver, Manual – Everything You Need to Construct the NTS-1
- Weight: 124g / 4.37oz
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 129mm x 78mm x 39mm / 5.08" x 3.07" x 1.54"
- Power Supply: USB Bus Power Mode, Current Consumption is 500 mA or Less
- Sound Generation: 1 Digital Oscillator, 1 Multimode Filter, 1 EG, 3 LFO
- Effects: MOD (Chorus, Ensemble, Phaser, Flanger), Delay, Reverb
- Input/Output Jacks: Headphone Jack, Audio in Jack, Sync in Jack, Sync Out Jack, MIDI in Connector, USB Port (Micro B Type)