Limited Time Promotion
Those who purchase selected Kronos workstations between February 1st 2019 to March 31st 2019 will receive a free stay stand, AI book, and enrollment on the KRONOS masterclass from Korg!
How to redeem:
The Korg Kronos range is widely considered to be their flagship. Encompassing their most advanced sound engine, expansive library and cutting-edge engineering, they’re truly formidable pieces of kit aimed squarely at the professional musician.
Now they’ve unveiled a limited edition model with additional features and an eye-popping red graduation finish. The best just got better!
- New Italian grand piano from the Korg Grandstage, a specially sampled concert grand used for international competitions
- KApro showcase, including specially selected premium orchestral sounds from the KApro sound design library
- Stunning red graduation finish with contrasting wood side panels for a truly unique aesthetic
- 9 built-in sound engines & over 21GB of preset sounds for near-limitless tonal options
- 800 x 600 touchscreen display for easy real-time navigation
- 9-band EQ
- 16-track MIDI sequencer, audio recorder, drum pattern creator
- Powerful Karma algorithmic engine that interprets your playing and produces fully realised tracks and pieces
- Intuitive but comprehensive interface perfect for the performing musician, including 8 rotary knobs, 16 illuminated buttons, 9 sliders and much more
Here’s what Korg say:
With a red gradation finish that makes it identifiable at a glance, this Korg Kronos features the new Italian-made grand piano that debuted on the Korg Grandstage. It also comes with the pre-installed "KApro Showcase" that collects only carefully selected sounds from KApro, who provided more than 100 of the Kronos Sound Libraries. The gorgeous color and sound delivered only by Kronos will make an unmistakable difference on stage. The Kronos Special Edition is available in a lineup of three models: 61-key, 73-key, and 88-key.
In recent years, this Italian grand has drawn dramatically increased attention from the worlds of classical and jazz music. The presence of its sound and its detailed resonances have captivated audiences worldwide. A full concert grand previously used in international competitions was specially adjusted and sampled for the Kronos.
This includes orchestral strings that sing with emotion, as well as brass, woodwinds, choir, and phrases. It's a showcase of sounds from KApro, who has developed more than 100 titles of Korg sound libraries. This collection will be a gateway for you to further expand your sonic variety
Flagship RH3 Weighted Hammer Action
Both the 88- and 73-key Kronos models use Korg's finest RH-3 Real Weighted Hammer Action. Offering an authentic and accurate piano feel, there are four zones, ranging from heavier to lighter, to provide a truer piano playing experience. Even the 88 key model is slim enough to place on a standard keyboard stand. The Kronos achieves the perfect balance of functionality and design.
9 sound engine types
- SGX-2 Premium Piano (Acoustic Piano)
- EP-1 MDS Electric Piano (Electric Piano)
- HD-1 High Definition Synthesizer (PCM)
- AL-1 Analog Synthesizer (Analog Modeling)
- CX-3 Tonewheel Organ (Tonewheel Organ Modeling)
- STR-1 Plucked String (Physical Modeling)
- MOD-7 Waveshaping VPM Synthesizer (VPM Synthesis)
- MS-20EX Component Modeling Technology (Analog Modeling)
- PolysixEX Component Modeling Technology (CMT Analog Modeling)
- SGX-2: 100 voices
- EP-1: 104 voices
- HD-1: 140 voices
- AL-1: 80 voices
- CX-3: 200 voices
- STR-1: 40 voices
- MOD-7: 52 voices
- MS-20EX: 40 voices
- PolysixEX: 180 voices
- Preset PCM 314 MB (ROM 1,505 Multisamples, 1,388 Drumsamples)
- PCM RAM Capacity: Approx. 2GB
- Wave Sequences: 598 User memory, 187 Preload
- Number of Timbres, Master Keyboard Functionality: 16 Maximum
- Insert effects: 12
- Master effects: 2
- Total effects: 2
- Timbre EQ: one 3-band EQ for each timbre
- Effect Types: 197
- KARMA Modules: One module in Program mode, four modules in Combination and Sequencer modes
- Generated Effects (GE): 2,048 presets, 1,536 Users (96 come Preload)
- Drum Track Patterns: 718 preset (common with the preset patterns of the MIDI sequencer), 1,000 user patterns
- Sequencer tracks: 16-track MIDI sequencer + 16-track hard disk recorder + 1 master track.
- Number of songs: 200
- Outputs: 1/4” TRS balanced (main L/mono, R), 1/4” TRS balanced (individual 1-4), headphones 1/4” jack, S/P DIF, USB-B
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4” TRS Balanced (MIC/LINE input level switches, LEVEL knobs), S/P DIF, USB-B
- MIDI: in/out/thru