The TR-6S is based on the popular TR-8S - but features a more affordable price point and compact design. However, it still contains the same powerful sound of its larger cousin. With more hands-on production functions, intuitive beat creation, and sound-shaping options, Roland have hit it out the park with their latest drum machine offering.
Using the six tracks of enhanced drum sequencing, paired with the multitude of onboard sounds at your fingertips, you'll be whipping up beats quickly and easily. This is incredibly fun and intuitive too; there's no headache-inducing, drum machine related stress here. Dedicated faders, hands-on controls and an immediately familiar step-sequencer makes this a piece of kit that works brilliantly right out of the box!
This is a drum machine that's packed to the brim with sounds - and even that's an understatement. It contains accurate reproductions of the iconic Roland drum machines that have since solidified their place in music technology history. From the 606 and 707, to the mighty 808 and 909, these are authentic replicas which model the originals right down to their tiniest nuances.
Each of these can also be used alongside FM tones, your custom samples, or any of the onboard preset samples. This opens up whole new rhythmic avenues, allowing you to craft entirely unique hybrid drum kits.
Cause & Effect
Once you've crafted your perfect beat, you can apply a whole host of different effects to it. Use Eq's, compressors, reverb, delay, modulation, filters and LFO's to add complexity to your patterns. These are augmented by motion recording - for rhythms with more movement - and sub-steps - which are useful for building ratcheted sections.
As the TR-6S doubles up as a USB/MIDI audio interface, you can produce and record on the move - making it an ideal option if you're constantly out on the road. And because of its smaller size, it'll slot effortlessly into the tightest of studio setups and live configurations.
- Six-track variant of the TR-8S.
- Contains circuit models of the TR-606, TR-707, TR-808 and TR-909.
- Can function as a USB audio/MIDI interface.
- Runs on either USB bus power or four AA batteries.
- Enhanced sequencer with flam, step-loop, sub-steps, motion recording etc.
- Build intriguing hybrid drum kits by mixing and matching different sounds.
- FM sound engine delivers advanced futuristic sound.
- Extensive library of preset samples (also has support for custom user samples).
User Drum Kit
- 6 instrument parts
- 16 steps per 1 variation
- 8 (A - H) variations per 1 pattern
- 2 fill-in patterns per 1 pattern
- Tone can be assigned to each 6 instrument parts freely
- Bass drum: 11 ACB tones
- Snare drum: 8 ACB tones
- Tom: 19 ACB tones
- Rim shot: 3 ACB tones
- Hand clap: 5 ACB tones
- Hi-hat: 8 ACB tones
- Cymbal: 8 ACB tones
- Percussion: 24 ACB tones
- FM: 66 tones
- Preset sample: 300 tones or greater
- User sample: imported from SD card for playback): avarable format: WAV, AIFF
- Total time for all samples: approx 600 sec (at 44.1 kHz, mono)
- Instrument FX: THRU, HPF, LPF, LPF/HPF, H BOOST, L BOOST, L/H BOOST, ISOLATOR, TRANSIENT, COMPRESSOR, DRIVE, COMP+DRV, CRUSHER, SATURATOR, FREQ SHIFT, RING MOD, SPREAD
- Reverb: AMBI, ROOM, HALL 1, HALL 2, PLATE, MOD
- Delay: DLY, PAN, TAPE ECHO
- Master FX: HPF, LPF, LPF/HPF, H BOOST, L BOOST, L/H BOOST, ISOLATOR, TRANSIENT, TRANSIENT 2, COMPRESSOR, DRIVE, OVERDRIVE, DISTORITON, FUZZ, CRUSHER, PHASER, FLANGER, SBF, NOISE
- Other: SCATTER, SIDE CHAIN
- 16 characters, 2 line (backlit LCD)
- SD Card (SDHC supported) for backup/restore function and import sample data
- Phones jack: stereo miniature phone type
- Out (L/mono, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (In/Out) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4 Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4 Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw
- 500 mA Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approx. 4.5 hours Ni-MH battery: Approx. 5.5 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 1,900 mAh.)
- Leaflet "Read Me First"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4