Teenage Engineering have done it again. They blew away the synth world with the OP-1 and they went back to the drawing board to make the next coolest piece of kit - the OP-Z.
The forward-thinking company have a way with designing small, intuitive synths. But don't be fooled into thinking this is just a toy. It's packed with a serious amount of groundbreaking features for home music makers and professionals alike.
- NEW: Now supports sampling via built-in mic, headset, or via USB
- NEW: OP-Z also acts as 2-channel audio I/O via USB
- Advanced 16-track synthesizer and sequencer
- Completely portable with next-gen rechargeable battery and built-in mic
- Independent length and speed for each sequencer track
- Supports audio, MIDI, and Trig Track sequencing
- Supports image and 3D graphics sequencing, as well as DMX light sequencing
- 160 user-programmable patterns, with endless pattern chaining
- Modular effects architecture
- Free OP-Z iOS app allows you to pair an iOS device for use as a screen and graphics processor
- Includes USB C to USB A cable for charging and control
Under the Playstation-esque casing is an advanced multi speed 16-step sequencer. There are endless possibilities thanks to 160 programmable patterns. The new step components features allows for per-cycle changes, note variation, micro-sequencing, re-triggering and more, resulting in 140 ways to alter one step. Delays, filters, tremolo and reverbs also provide loads of experimentation.
Sequences can be set to 1/16th of standard speed. Teenage Engineering also introduced a 'catch-up' that forces a track to exit at a certain point to stay in sync.
On top of all this is two accessible octaves, 51 mechanical keys and a pressure sensitive pitch bend. Four enclosed tapes discreetly record your sequences. These provide another layer of customisation for you to scrub, scratch, wind-up and cause havoc.
Bring your own screen
Use your phone or tablet with the handy compatible app. The OP-Z works completely on its own, but hooking it up to a phone or tablet screen via Bluetooth provides a complete view of your creations and customisation options.
Sync your music with photos to make quick and easy music videos based on your productions. You can also create custom graphics, patterns, colour palettes or stop motion videos when you upload artwork of photos to your camera roll or Dropbox.
This is the perfect tool for pro developers looking to create game soundtracks. The OP-Z has full compatibility with the Unity game engine. Connect and create a project within Unity, then simply store in Dropbox.
- Step component composing
- Endless sequencing steps
- Track independent length
- Track independent speed
- Parameter locks
- Step recording
- Live recording
- MIDI, CV and trig track sequencing
- Image and 3D graphics sequencing
- DMX light sequencing
Instrument tracks, effects & controls
- Kick, Snare, Percussion, Sampler, Bass, Lead, Arpeggio, Chords, FX slot 1, FX slot 2, Tape, Mixer, MIDI, CV & trig, Light, Motion
- Patterns: 160 user programmable patterns, endless patterns chaining
- Effects: upgradeable modular effects architecture. included effects: delay, reverb, filters, tremolo etc.
- Step components: 14 multi-program step components for advanced step sequencing.
- Sensors: 6 axis motion sensor (g-force) assignable to any synthesizer parameter
- 2 octaves of musical keys
- 51 mechanical keys in total
- pressure sensitive pitch bend
- 4 x multi purpose color coded high resolution encoders
- volume knob / on switch
- pairing button
- UI: 53 led indicators
- Microphone: integrated MEMS microphone
- Included in package: usb type c to usb a for charging and control.
- Wireless: bluetooth 5.0 LE
- Battery: 2 years stand-by time
- Connectors: usb type c, 3.5 mm 4-pole jack
- screen: when paired or connected to an ios device, the ios device will act as a screen for OP-Z.
- ios app: OP-Z ios app will be free to download from app store.
- compatibility: any ios device that is apple metal graphics specified.