- 002R provides either eight or twelve discrete voices of polyphony with full multi-timbrality if desired
- Two oscillators per voice with two sub oscillators, which can be switched from being either traditional square wave to having the same waveform as the main oscillator – in effect making four oscillators per voice
- Analogue / digital hybrid architecture uses NCOs for very high resolution, and very stable oscillators. Over 50 different waveforms, ranging from classic analogue sounds to more unique digital shapes
- Modal Electronics designed 24dB per octave four pole transistor ladder filter, with some very unusual morphing characteristics or ‘polesweeping’, enabling transition from four pole through bandpass to one pole 6db per octave, or anywhere in between
- Two LFO’s, one per voice and one global
- Extensive modulation options
- 002R features a range of sequencing options – a built in 12 Track, 12 row, 32 step sequencer with MIDI sync capabilities. Sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running
- A very highly featured arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes, including ‘hold’ mode, enabling arpeggiator-based sequences to be created
- The Modal Electronics Animator, which enables any control parameter on the 002 to be sequenced, enabling very complex filter transisitions, wave form changes and modulation matrix changes to be sequenced
- Ethernet port to connect your 002R to your network and enable updates via the internet (no more midi sysex dumps) and access to the Modal Electronics cloud features
- Superb UI, a great departure from the norm of synthesisers, featuring a very high quality 4.3 screen with wide viewing angle
- 12 ‘quick recall banks’ are accessible directly from the front panel, enabling performing musicians to get rid of their set sheets and build set lists of presets, sequences and animations, all quickly accessible from dedicated front panel buttons. Up to ten banks of quick recalls can be created, making live performance a doddle
- VCF and VCA envelope generators
- Four Key Modes – Polyphonic, Monophonic, Unison and Stack
- Voice control parameters are easily accessible using the Modal Quick Navigate dials to quickly control page, parameter and value. These dials are also user assignable to single or multiple parameters to create complex macro knobs.
- The power of 002R becomes really apparent when used with the Modal Web Interface, no need for a plugin, use any HTML5 compatible web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc.) on any platform that supports a browser – laptop, desktop, tablet or phone! for full control and editing of all of 002R’s functions
- Pure analogue signal path from the oscillators onwards, no digital conversion.
- Optional Digital Output board providing multi voice outputs over USB (Class Compliant) with FX available 2016.
- Two audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out
- Fits into a 3U 19 audio rack
Modal Electronics 002 - Multitimbral Hybrid Rack Synthesiser -12 Voice
Available For Order
Normally available in 14 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 14 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery