The Korg Kaoss Pad 3 Plus (or KP3+) is a sample pad with real time control on the signature backlit XY pad. The perfect addition to any DJ's effects arsenal, the Kaoss Pad 3 Plus syncs BPM (manual or auto) and gives you 150 effects to play twist, tweak and otherwise manipulate your sounds for the ultimate performance.
Use effects like turntable emulation, ducking compressor, looper with beat chopper etc to add a creative edge to your DJ performance that will wow your audiences! There are loads of new features with the Kaoss Pad 3 Plus KP3+ so check out the full list below:
Here's what Korg say about the KP3 Plus
The real-time effects unit/sampler with the latest effects and sampling functionality. The Kaoss Pad series of effects units is famed for its intuitive touch-pad interface. The flagship model KP3 that appeared in 2006 continues to be highly acclaimed by musicians and DJs around the world for its powerful, instantaneous effect programs and its wealth of sampling functionality.
The sounds that drive the dance and EDM music movements, and the effects used to create them, have evolved significantly over these past seven years. Enter the KP3+. Based on the KP3, the effects combinations that have become a staple in numerous genres and applications have been taken to a new and cutting-edge level. The KP3+ is a complete update for an effects unit that will generate the sounds of 2013 and beyond.
- Use the touchpad to control effects in real time
- A total of 150 effects ideal for DJ mixing and sound design;42 new types including:
- Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
- Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
- Newly-designed Looper lets you freely manipulate loops
- Effects you can use for breaks in your DJ play
- High-spec sampling functionality
- Numerous functions to make your performance even more expressive
- FX Release function controls the reverberation to produce a more natural decay
- Mute function cuts the input signal and outputs only the effect sound
- Pad Motion function records and reproduces your effect usage
- Practical functions that are easy to use during live performance or production
- Eight program memories let you switch effects instantly
- Hold function sustains the effect sound
- Set the tempo with auto BPM, tap tempo, or the BPM knob
- Pad LEDs ensure high visibility even in the dark
- Highly expandable for even greater potential
- USB MIDI allows for use as a powerful MIDI controller
- Store sample data on an SD/SDHC card
- Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings
Use the touchpad to control effects in real time.
The intuitive design and amazing flexibility of the touchpad allows Kaoss Pad 3+ users to easily control multiple effects and parameters by simply stroking, tapping, or rubbing the Kaoss touch pad with their finger. Using this remarkable design, you can easily control effects in complex ways that would be impossible on a conventional effect unit.
A total of 150 effects ideal for remixing, DJ and live music applications, and in-studio use.
The KP3+ provides new effect programs that are worthy of its status as the flagship model of the Kaoss Pad series. The KP3+ contains a total of 150 programs - 22 more than the KP3. In addition to the 108 effects carried over from the KP3, which include filters, spatial-type effects such as delay and reverb, a grain shifter that freezes tiny pieces of sound and repeats them, and a vocoder, there are 42 new or improved effects that represent today's dance music scene, including effects that were newly developed for the Kaoss Pad Quad, such as the Looper, Vinyl Break, and Ducking Compressor.
Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
It's easy to obtain the scratch sound that's heard when you scratch a turntable, or use a record-stop effect. In addition to the basic Mod.1 Vinyl Break, the KP3+ also provides the new Mod.2 Break Reverb which adds reverb to the effect, and the LoP.2 Break Looper and LoP.8 Loop Breaker effects which combine the effect with a Looper.
Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
You can use a side-chain effect to emphasize the backbeats of the kick. In addition to Mod.8 Ducking Compressor, there's a new rEV.1 Pump Reverb that adds a reverb effect. You can add a sense of “breathing” to your music by dynamically varying the reverberation in synchronization with the BPM.
Newly-designed Looper lets you freely manipulate loops