The Dreadbox Nyx is an analog paraphonic desktop synthesizer. It expands the Erebus feature set with additional filtering options, as well as a bold modulation engine that can be used to weave truly abstract sounds. With the V2, Dreadbox have given the Nyx a total overhaul; a fresh enclosure, more patch points and an eye-popping set of new features. The Nyx is back with a vengeance.
The Nyx V2 - what's new?
- A more compact enclosure (as with the Erebus V3)
- A more flexible dual filter
- Expanded reverb with 3 new controls for maximum abstract ambience
- Drone mode keeps amp envelope open for
- Expanded patch bay with 30 inputs/outputs
Dual Oscillators, Dual Filters
Dreadbox have stuck with two oscillators, providing just the right amount of fatness without going overboard. This allows the Nyx to remain a compact desktop unit, while also allowing additional features to be expanded. Speaking of which, the dual filter feature has been given a boost; go from simple 12dB/oct Low Pass, up to 24dB variable width band pass for in-depth tonal shaping.
The LFO is also now centrestage, with simple controls for rate and depth. This can then be routed to one of the many modulation and patching options to unlock heaps of weird and wonderful noises.
Ambience and Modulation Galore
Those familiar with the original Nyx will have noticed that the reverb section has doubled in size. Time, decay and mix controls have made way for a whopping six sliders designed to provide you with more ambience than you can shake a stick at.
The two modulation engines can be easily routed and tweaked in real-time, so you can twist and contort pretty much any component you fancy. Finally, you'll notice a rather sinister drone switch on the amp envelope. It does exactly what you think it might, keeping the envelope open for a steady flow of analog paraphonic goodness.
- Analog Paraphonic Synthesizer
- 2 Oscillators
- White Noise Generator
- Auto-Tuning Function
- Extremely Flexible Dual Filter
- from simple 12dB/oct Low Pass, up to 24dB variable width Band Pass
- Multiple Routing Options
- 3 Loopable Envelope Generators
- Drone mode
- Modulated Reverb, ideal for Ambient sounds
- 30 patch Points
- 15V DC center pin 2.5mm positive (included)
- 35 x 18 x 5.5 cm
- 2.38 kg